Search 62305 Camino Questions

Train Tickets To Pamplona

BrooksBe

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2016, 2018, 2022
I'm leading 6 people on the CF in late September and it looks like I can now purchase train tickets from Madrid to Pamplona on Rome2Rio or Renfe for 25 Sept. Has anyone purchased train tickets five months in advance and had any problems? From past experience I've waited until 60 days out for purchase but this year I'm concerned about waiting that long. Thanks

John Brierley 2023 Camino Guide
Get your today and start planning.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
Hola @Brooks Berry From what I can recall the earliest I was able to book tickets in advance with RENFE was either 60 or 90 days. Your problem is than in June RENFE goes to its summer timetable and I had a lot of trouble trying to book before June 1 for a July 8 ticket. Just for info this train will depart from Atocha Station. Best of luck.

pjacobi

2015, St. Jean Pied de Port to Burgos
2016, Burgos to Ponferrada
2017, Ponferrada to Atlantic Ocean
Remember that you need to find your way from the Pamplona Renfe station to your Albergue or hotel. That could be several kilometers away depending on the location.

-Paul

Most read last week in this forum

Hello I have just booked 2 flights to arrive in Biarritz Sept 3rd at 17.40, this is a surprise for my husband as he has always wanted to do part of the camino, my worry is how do I get from the...
I'm sure this has been covered extensively already; however, I can't seem to find a quick and easy answer. We are in the initial stages of thinking about our next walk, this will be our fifth, and...
Hi. Busy planning our first Camino for June/July 2023. We are arriving in Santander by Ferry and plan to walk the last 100km starting in Sarria. We are wondering whether it would be best to...

How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2022 Camino Guides