• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Transport from Madrid to Granja de Moruela

Karl Oz

Time of past OR future Camino
Via Francigena (2023)
Hi,
I am considering a stroll on the Sanabres next year, and would like to start in Granja de Moruela. Does anyone have any information on getting from Madrid to Granja de Moruela? The train to Zamora is easy, but thereafter Rome2Rio suggests ALSA run a bus service once a day, but offer no details. The ALSA website refuses to accept Zamora - Granja de Moruela as a route.

Anyone done this recently? I know I can start in Zamora, but time is as always limited.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I think the bus from Zamora to Benavente goes through Granja. It did in 2013 anyway.

Hi,

you can easily got to Zamora from Madrid by bus: Not only ALSA, but also Avanza-Bus offers this service.

Then there is another regular bus Service between Zamora and Benavente/Leon, offered by Autocares Vivas which stops at La Granja de Moreruela.

Autocares Vivas Schedule

BC
Alexandra

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum