• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport from Santiago to Bayonne in France

Tim44

Time of past OR future Camino
August (2013)
After my camino I need to collect my car from Bayonne. Does anyone know how?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Re: Transport from Santiago to Bayonne in France

Tim44 said:
After my camino I need to collect my car from Bayonne. Does anyone know how?

Tim,

There is a RENFE train which goes everyday from Santiago to Irun/Hendaye which is the Spanish/French border. This leaves Santiago about 09:45 am and arrives at the border about 21:00 pm. In Hendaye you can get the local TER train to nearby Bayonne .

The RENFE train needs reservations. It is easily booked directly at the rr station in Santiago. As long as you are NOT traveling at a peak time such as a holiday you should have no trouble booking this train two or three days before you wish to travel.

For more info here is a RENFE timetable link in English. >> http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/horarios.html

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Re:mspath's answer Transport from Santiago to Bayonne in Fra

mspath - I've been trawling around this forum for some months now.

I'd like to say that I've started looking for replies by you to the questions people ask. The reason I do that? Because you seem to be font of knowledge about everything Camino along with Ivar et al.

To coin a phrase, "you're a blessing in disguise".

I expect I'll be asking a question in the future and I'll make a point of looking for your reply.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Margaret is correct!
The Santiago to Hendaye to Bayonne train works perfectly.

What I found particularly surprising about the trip by train across the meseta was looking out the train window and seeing pilgrims on their way Santiago. It stirred a lot of emotion within me.

Re: Re:mspath's answer Transport from Santiago to Bayonne in Fra

JohnMcM said:
mspath - I've been trawling around this forum for some months now.

I'd like to say that I've started looking for replies by you to the questions people ask. The reason I do that? Because you seem to be font of knowledge about everything Camino along with Ivar et al.

To coin a phrase, "you're a blessing in disguise".

I expect I'll be asking a question in the future and I'll make a point of looking for your reply.

I totally agree with you Margaret is a book of knowledge about the Camino Thump up :) I have saved many of her help pages for my Camino which start on the 29th of May :) I can' wait and I am about to save this link for my way out of Santiago back to France :)

Fran,

Thanks for your kind words! Be sure to add to your "saved pages " that from Hendaye besides local TER trains for the region you can also catch fast TGVs and perhaps a night train back to Paris. See this French SNCF website for more info. >> http://www.voyages-sncf.com/. Final timetables are listed three months in advance.

Bon Voyage and Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back