• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Transportation en route

M

markinwinter

I will need to end my pilgrimage in Portomarin on 30 January and travel by train or bus to Santiago. Is there Renfe service from Portomarin or Lugo? It doesn't seem to pop up on the Renfe site? Thanks

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Monbus (Empresa Monforte) operates buses from Portomarin to Lugo

Empresa Portomarin operates buses from Portomarin to Lugo and Sarria.

Empresa Freire and ALSA operate buses from Lugo to Santiago. Empresa Freire follows a shorter route.

Renfe operates trains from Lugo and Sarria to Santiago but there is a transfer involved at either of Monforte de Lemos, Ourense, or A Coruna. You'll have to piece the legs together ... the Renfe site doesn't like transfers. You are advised to stick to the buses unless the train schedule somehow works for you.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Just one word of caution, in case that you don't know this yet: If you want to qualify for the Compostela you need to have walked the last 100km to Santiago de Compostela for spiritual and/or religious reasons.

Buen Camino, SY

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Just one word of caution, in case that you don't know this yet: If you want to qualify for the Compostela you need to have walked the last 100km to Santiago de Compostela for spiritual and/or religious reasons.

Buen Camino, SY
Yes, thanks. I am planning to be less goal oriented in the second half of my life so just focused on enjoying 10 days of pilgrimage; wherever that takes me.

Most read last week in this forum