• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Travel from Santiago to Porto

Cecy

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 2016
What would be the best way to get to Porto from Santiago for my flight home

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Indeed Spain is one hour ahead of Portugal as Laurie noted! I remember driving a few years back from Tui, Spain, to Valenca do Minho, Portugal, to arrive at the Pousada in time for late Sunday lunch in winter. No hurry was necessary for we arrived in VdM before we had left Tui! Of course we had plenty of time for that lunch!

I have done this several times as flight out of Santiago by Aer Linus have got Crazy. Bus is the best and direct option you can buy the ticket a the Pilgrim Office, do buy it a day or two in advance I got caught once. Porto is a lovely city to visit and the Poets Hostel is a great place to stay in, but also the bus stops at the Airport also there is a Hostel ten mins walk from the Airport it is called http://www.airportohostel.com/eng/ it is actually on the Camino. Dont forget the time difference between the two Countries as already mentioned.

I have done this several times as flight out of Santiago by Aer Linus have got Crazy. Bus is the best and direct option you can buy the ticket a the Pilgrim Office, do buy it a day or two in advance I got caught once. Porto is a lovely city to visit and the Poets Hostel is a great place to stay in, but also the bus stops at the Airport also there is a Hostel ten mins walk from the Airport it is called http://www.airportohostel.com/eng/ it is actually on the Camino. Dont forget the time difference between the two Countries as already mentioned.
You caught my eye on "Poets" lol, i write poetry!!! So definitel adding this to my planner

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Train requires a transfer in Vigo but is easy. But you can get a bus direct to the airport or to downtown, check schedules here:

http://www.autna.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/horarios_2014.pdf

Are you going to spend some time in Porto? (Highly recommended, it's a great city)

Remember, Portugal is on a different time zone than Spain, one hour ahead. Buen camino, Laurie
I would love to spend some time in Porto, I am still working on what my options are...I wish I could just go for a whole month but that impossible so I want to see as much as I can in a short period!! Thank you for your tips
Cec

Was in Porto last year, doing the Portuguese Way. Going back in March, to be in Santiago for Easter. God willing. Great city, food and people. Buen Camino :)

What would be the best way to get to Porto from Santiago for my flight home

Castromil (Monbus) bus from Santiago bus station to Vigo bus station. Then Autna bus from Vigo to Porto including a stop at the airport. Note Oporto does not have a central bus station.

Or; Renfe train from Santiago to Vigo Guixar. CP Celta train from Vigo to Oporto Campanhã. Porto Metro from Campanhã to Airport. The Celta train is operated by CP and Renfe; you can get information on either company website.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I June this year we caught the bus. Bought the tickets the day before in Santiago. If I remember rightly it took about 3 hours to Porto and was a lovely trip.

You need to go via Santiago de Compostela. That is, bus Finisterre to S de C then bus to Porto.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
I am trying to book a train from Santiago to Madrid on 7 May and find that all trains are full and also for about the preceding 3 or 4 days. If I go directly to the train station when I arrive...
There has been some discussion about getting one way tickets to have more flexibility. Unfortunately I had to cut my Camino short because I was getting shin splints. Because I had a flexible...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back