• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Travel time to airport from Cathedral

Cindy Hughes

Time of past OR future Camino
The French Way
Hi, I have a flight at 1:50 pm out of Santiago de Compostela Airport going to Barcelona. The pilgrim mass is at 12:00 pm. Would it be possible to attend the mass and not miss my flight? Would I be able to attend any part of the mass or would it be cutting it too close?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, I have a flight at 1:50 pm out of Santiago de Compostela Airport going to Barcelona. The pilgrim mass is at 12:00 pm. Would it be possible to attend the mass and not miss my flight? Would I be able to attend any part of the mass or would it be cutting it too close?
Hola, Cindy!

It's approx.2km from Cathedral to bus station and the bus takes 30minutes to the airport. That means you should allow yourself 1 hour to get there. I guess it would be much faster with taxi.

Hi Cindy! To be honest I'd be on my way to the airport at midday to allow enough time for check in etc. A great alternative would be the English Mass at 10.30am. It's in one of the side chapels in the cathedral, and is also aimed specifically at pilgrims. It's a much more intimate service, and would be a lovely end to your pilgrimage. I think it's daily until sometime in October, but search other threads for details. Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
And don't forget you are not allow to take your backpack in the cathedral, so you have to factor in the time to go fetch your stuff. By the time mass is over, pick up your luggage and get on some sort of trnasportation, taxi or bus, ypu shoild be at the boarding gate.

Thank you for the response - if I go to the 10:30 mass - will they still swing the Botafumeiro?

Thank you for the response - if I go to the 10:30 mass - will they still swing the Botafumeiro?
Sorry no. But if it's the botafumeiro you want to see, what time are you arriving in Santiago? it's swung quite often. Just pop your head in and see if the ropes are hanging down before the masses, that will tell you if it will be swung at the next mass.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hola, Cindy!

It's approx.2km from Cathedral to bus station and the bus takes 30minutes to the airport. That means you should allow yourself 1 hour to get there. I guess it would be much faster with taxi.

Very risky. there is no direct bus from near the Cathedral ,but a local one to the station and then another not too frequent one to airport. Bus times may not suit- Murphys law, and it is a good walk to any bus top as the old town is a pedestrian zone only. Also a long enough walk through the airport etc also. Get the 10.30 pilgrims mass in english and/or the 7pm mass the evening before--could have the botofumo swinging. happy journeys

Most read last week in this forum

Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
I am trying to book a train from Santiago to Madrid on 7 May and find that all trains are full and also for about the preceding 3 or 4 days. If I go directly to the train station when I arrive...
There has been some discussion about getting one way tickets to have more flexibility. Unfortunately I had to cut my Camino short because I was getting shin splints. Because I had a flexible...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back