• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Two new albergues between Lisboa and Porto

peregrina2000

Staff member
Thanks to Mike for alerting me to the very first additions to put in my folder for the 2015 revisions to the Lisboa to Porto guide.

On Feb. 8, a new albergue opened in Cernache. Pilgrims had been able to stay in the Jesuit institute there, but as of now there is an albergue.

info here:
CERNACHE
Albergue de Peregrinos de Cernache
14 Lugares - Donativo
Rua Álvaro Anes n.º 37/39
Tel.: (+351) 968034708
(+351) 917619080
(+351) 963085335
(+351) 963408666

And as I was checking this out, I saw there is also a pilgrims albergue in Porto as of January 1 of this year:

PORTO
Casa Diocesana - Seminario de Vilar - Porto

12 Camas | Donativo
Rua Arcediago Vanzeller 50,
4050-621 Porto
Tel.: 226 056 000

This albergue, in the seminary, also has the option of private rooms with bath at a reduced price.

Information on the opening of both albergues here, but in Portuguese:
http://caminhocentralasantiago.blogspot.com

This website has a great list of albergues as well:
http://caminhocentralasantiago.blogspot.com/p/albergues-e-pernoita.html

To my Portuguese Caminho friends -- I assume this is a different group than the Via Lusitana?????
http://caminhocentralasantiago.blogspot.com/p/normal-0-21-false-false-false-pt-x-none.html

Good news for people walking from Lisbon!

Bom caminho, Laurie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks to Mike for alerting me to the very first additions to put in my folder for the 2015 revisions to the Lisboa to Porto guide.

On Feb. 8, a new albergue opened in Cernache. Pilgrims had been able to stay in the Jesuit institute there, but as of now there is an albergue.

info here:
CERNACHE
Albergue de Peregrinos de Cernache

14 Lugares - Donativo
Rua Álvaro Anes n.º 37/39
Tel.: (+351) 968034708
(+351) 917619080
(+351) 963085335
(+351) 963408666

And as I was checking this out, I saw there is also a pilgrims albergue in Porto as of January 1 of this year:

PORTO
Casa Diocesana - Seminario de Vilar - Porto

12 Camas | Donativo
Rua Arcediago Vanzeller 50,
4050-621 Porto
Tel.: 226 056 000

This albergue, in the seminary, also has the option of private rooms with bath at a reduced price.

Information on the opening of both albergues here, but in Portuguese:
http://caminhocentralasantiago.blogspot.com

This website has a great list of albergues as well:
http://caminhocentralasantiago.blogspot.com/p/albergues-e-pernoita.html

To my Portuguese Caminho friends -- I assume this is a different group than the Via Lusitana?????
http://caminhocentralasantiago.blogspot.com/p/normal-0-21-false-false-false-pt-x-none.html

Good news for people walking from Lisbon!

Bom caminho, Laurie
That is good news indeed Laurie.

Still I prefere the school campus place in Cernache if I should come back on the Lisboa to Porto leg. I am not that fond of albergues.

Just started today preparing the caminha da Costa , paperwork, flights , places to sleep.
Intending to start somewhere first of May or about, depending on availability of
Flights
Bom caminho.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The only shower-like photo I see is this one https://www.facebook.com/albergue.c....1424877303./1547007272230535/?type=3&theater and it states on the photo description:

Garagem com tanque para lavar a roupa, espaço para bicicletas e estábulo para cavalos.
Garage with tank to wash the clothes, space for bicycles and stable for horses.

Perhaps they like their bikes so much? Or, wonder over wonder, hot water allowed to wash your clothes? Or it for the horses? They might also enjoy a hot shower after a hard days work? SY

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
OK, I really didn't read the sentence below the picture, but nevertheless...., kind of strange to put all of this together and washing horses (as I know you don't wash horses, you just "wipe" them if they're sweaty - no expert on the topic though...) in the same room :)
I'm not complaining at all because CP is on my bucket list for few years already and these albergues are more than welcome to open!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Not sure whether :p or :oops: or :rolleyes: or o_O is the appropriate face to say oops, I'm sorry. I don't know how I missed that post, Diogo.

Good news indeed.

And btw, did you see my question asking about who this group is -- the Caminho Central folks whose blog posted some of the news? How do they relate with Via Lusitana?

No worry about that ;)

After reading the blog, I've seen that the "association" it's only by name, There is no legal document proving that they are somesort of admnistrative association, like Via Lusitana. But hey, they sure do a good job especially keeping those arrows in spot on conditions.

The Cernache Albergue, yes, I was there at the opening.
They have the water heater on the ground floor, that's all. The showers are right over it, it's safer to have the thing away from the bathroom, and easier for replacing the butane bottles (!?)
Everything is on the up floor. The garage is just an big cement floor with the water heater on the end of it.
The schoolcampus is/was just a helper for pilgrims 'in need', it's not intended to be a full time pilgrim place, like the Albergue.
Bom Caminho
José Luis

The Cernache Albergue, yes, I was there at the opening.
They have the water heater on the ground floor, that's all. The showers are right over it, it's safer to have the thing away from the bathroom, and easier for replacing the butane bottles (!?)
Everything is on the up floor. The garage is just an big cement floor with the water heater on the end of it.
The schoolcampus is/was just a helper for pilgrims 'in need', it's not intended to be a full time pilgrim place, like the Albergue.
Bom Caminho
José Luis

Hi, Jose Luis! You must be busy -- I also just saw your picture in the opening ceremony for the new Albergaria albergue. Quite the Caminho personality, you are.

I always tell people to check the Via Lusitana website for the most up to date list of accommodation, because it seems that the number is just exploding. And judging from the number of forum members leaving from Lisbon, the demand is going to meet the supply. Bom caminho, Laurie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Stayed in Cernache last night
Nice little albergue. 3 rooms with 4 or 6 bunks. Decent kitchen and living room. Tumble dryer
Good WiFi and Antonio was super friendly
Local restaurant denied all knowledge of a pilgrims menu despite a menu in albergue :(
Door was locked on arrival so we phoned number on door and got a code for access.
€8 per person per night

Last edited:
I walked from Lisbon to Tomar in short stages in January and wrote a short review on this forum. Continuing to Porto now and will write another review when I get home :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Peregrinna 2000,
I read somewhere that you mentionned a new albergue in Alpriate, but I cannot find anywhere info about the name or street location?? I am starting in Lisbon on Sept. 3 and was planning on shorter days and staying there. Thanks for your help!

Hi, Zoula, you don't need a street address. Alpriate is a tiny village and the albergue is right on the camino. Here is their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/AlbergueAlpriate/?ref=ts&fref=ts

There are plenty of beds, and a nice little cafe in town for (very inexpensive home cooked) meals if you don't want to cook your own. The kitchen in the albergue is equipped for pilgrim cooking, though.

Bom Caminho, Laurie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks Laurie, I really appreciate your quick answer, looking to be in Portugal, on my way!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back