Two weeks in April?

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Aug 8, 2013
Perigord - France
thenwewalked.com
Time of past OR future Camino
yes...
I have a little window of time in April 2015 ... 14-16 days. If you were me... where would you walk?

I could start from St Jean and walk to Burgos... I started in Roncesvalles in September and because of my blisters in the early days Pamplona to Estalla is a bit of a blur?

I could walk one of the other routes? One of the shorter Spanish routes or I could perhaps walk part of a French route? Maybe 2 weeks on the Arles? The Ingles and Fisterra?

My husband is going to join me for the last 6 days... I'm hoping to convince him that 6 weeks in 2016 will be a great holiday for us both!

So... if you were me... what would you pick? :D

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

jpflavin1

Veteran Member
Dec 26, 2009
Chicago, Illinois
Camino 2024 unknown starting 4/1 from somewhere.
thanks for the suggestions chaps... anyone else want to throw their hat in? I'm still undecided but I really do want to do something within those two weeks... which I actually may extend to 16 days :D

LesBrass:

You have already walked the Frances, so I would suggest the Primitivo. You have plenty of time and it is a beautiful walk (Oviedo to Santiago). Since you were considering the Portuguese you could walk from Porto to Santiago. Either choice would be great.

Ultreya,
Joe

Reactions: LesBrass
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

wawpdx

Dec 2, 2010
I have a little window of time in April 2015 ... 14-16 days. If you were me... where would you walk? ...
My husband is going to join me for the last 6 days... I'm hoping to convince him that 6 weeks in 2016 will be a great holiday for us both!
So... if you were me... what would you pick? :D

LesBrass, I envy your chance to walk in April! Due to work I can only walk in the heat of summer but I yearn to be able to see the spring wildflowers. If it were me I would listen carefully for any route advice related to this specific time of year. I would go for the beauty that is unique to this season. I realize it is also important that the last six days have broader appeal than just glorious color and shades of green.

On a side note, when you get ready for the longer walk, I cast my vote for the Le Puy route. : )

peregrina2000

Staff member
Mar 6, 2006
Champaign, Illinois, USA
LesBrass:

You have already walked the Frances, so I would suggest the Primitivo. You have plenty of time and it is a beautiful walk (Oviedo to Santiago). Since you were considering the Portuguese you could walk from Porto to Santiago. Either choice would be great.

Ultreya,
Joe

I totally second Joe's suggestion, and depending on your pace, you could also consider starting in Leon, doing four days to Oviedo, and then continuing on the Primitivo to Santiago. It is bar none my favorite camino experience, at least of the ones I've done so far. But I just noticed that you are walking in April, so weather may make this not a good idea, just ask Joe who walked in April! buen camino, Laurie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Aug 8, 2013
Perigord - France
thenwewalked.com
yes...
Hello and many thanks for all your replies. I'm still not 100% sure but I think I am going to walk the CF route again. In my heart I think I would prefer to walk a new route but there are a few factors that are influencing me... mainly my husband will have limited time and as we're driving being able to start closer to home saves us time. I love the idea of the Camino Ingles and then Fisterra but it's a bit of a hike for us in the car... too far I think.

I'm a little wary of the weather too ... if I can I'd like to start at SJPdP as never did this last time. I'm not worried about reaching Santiago... I just want to walk... but if the weather is going to prevent me starting in SJ we can always drive on a little and start at perhaps Pamplona?

I've got a few months to mull it over but I have now got my heart set on the walk. I just wish I could do the whole thing again but I know I cant take 5 weeks... so I'm going to push my holiday to 16-17 days and just see how far I get... and my husband will join me for the last 6 days. I'm pretty confident of doing 20-25 km a day... slower on the hills of course. I've been having a look at the route and trying to pick a route that will see me stopping on different towns than I did in September. This way I'll see different places and hopfully get a different feel... and I'm hoping that it will look and feel different just because of the changing season.

Thanks for the ideas folks... very excited now!

p.s. wawpdx... still not 100% decided on the 2016 walk... but I'm sure that I will walk again for 6 weeks in autumn 2016 and i'm very excited about that too!

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Hi all, just a quickie, Has anyone else noticed that the older you get, the larger the ratio of medication: kit you carry in your rucksack? This time round it appears to be around 60% walking...
As I watched the aurora Friday night (west coast Canada) I was thinking how wonderful it would be to see it along the camino. Wondering if anyone currently walking or living along the camino saw...
Hi there, I will be walking Camino Primitivo soon and I still have some questions that you could maybe help me to answer. As I would like to avoid to bring unnecessary things with me. 1. I do...
A nice warm soak eases tired bones, and I was just wondering if there are any Thermal Spas along the Camino Frances

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.