• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Two Weeks Until Departure!

Sedona2012

Bobbie Surber
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances st Jean to Santiago (Sept/Oct 2012) Finisterre Oct 2012
Part -Portugues (Oct. 2012)
Camino del Norte June-July 2013
Part of Camino Vezelay July 2013
Leon to Santiago October 2015
Well two weeks from today I leave the US for Madrid then bus to Irun! Still no guidebook (I think it will still arrive in time) and feels so strange that I knew every step of CF and CP as I had studied the guidebooks so much, but know too little about the Norte for my comfort level.
At least thanks to all of you I am not completely unprepared and I sure thank all of you for your generosity!

I plan to start walking on the 30th or 31st of May and will decide as I get closer to the Primitivo if I will stay on the Norte all the way or follow the many recommendation to transfer over to the Primitivo route One way or another I will get to see Santiago again then on to Finisterra.

I sure hope I run into some of you along the way.

Buen Camino,
Bobbie

Ps: any last minute advice sure is welcomed!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
So excited for you!!! I am waiting for the guide as well, but have two weeks longer than you before Ieave....I can understand the worry of the comfort of the pages. If anything, I want to know where it is going to live in my bag and what form...lol. Have fun planning! That is part of the journey, as well!

Buen Camino!

Bobbie,
Best wishes for a sun soaked journey.
I am jealous! My next Camino won't be for a couple of years, if ever. And I still have the Norte to do.

Maybe you will learn to get along without a guidebook! I find them quickly out of date and frustrating where things have changed.

Buen Camino,
David, Victoria, Canada.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks David! So excited leave Tuesday morning!

Bobbie

skilsaw said:
Bobbie,
Best wishes for a sun soaked journey.
I am jealous! My next Camino won't be for a couple of years, if ever. And I still have the Norte to do.

Maybe you will learn to get along without a guidebook! I find them quickly out of date and frustrating where things have changed.

Buen Camino,
David, Victoria, Canada.

Have fun, Bobbie! Buen Camino! I hope to walk the Norte some day.

Buen camino... my husband and I leave june 20th from nyc to head to lisbon. We begin walking on june 25th from valença . Cannot wait!!! Enjoy!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Buen Camino Bobby
I leave tomorrow and somehow it still isn't real. My backpack is ready by the door. Will be going to Madrid and then to San Sebastián
What have the suggestions been to you to make you consider walking on the Primitivo from the Norte?
I have been watching the weather in Spain, however have been only to follow it in Santender. It's been raining on and off most every day for the last three weeks. I don't know if that weather will be the same along the coast.
Hopefully I will see some sun. Anyone walking the North Coast now have an update on the weather?

Hi Jude,

Watching the weather as well and praying for a little better weather. We will see!

I have decided to wait until I get closer to the Primitivo to make my final decision on what route to take to Santiago.

How are u getting from Madrid? I arrive Madrid at 7:30am on the 29th and looks like trains and bus service would not get me into Irun until 10pm so trying to decide if I should spend the night in Madrid or bus to Burgos then train to Irun????

Well it will all work out the way it is suppose to work out I'm sure of that. :)

So Buen Camino!
Bobbie

Thanks for all of the well wishes! Like you that are close to departure I am excited and dreaming of the Camino.

Bobbie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Boarding my flight to Madrid! My Camino has begun! :)

Most read last week in this forum

Elevation map shows this is really steep! What’s the best way from downtown Hondarribia up there? Then wish me luck on the Purgatorio—I am a nervous wreck.
My group of six arrives in Irun on May 20 and we're starting our Camino on May 21. Since it's the beginning of the busy season, I'm wondering if we should order trekking poles from Amazon Espana...
On the Norte...started Morgo headed to Santilanna del mer...today...wonderful walk.... 1st 7k and last 7k ...the middle industrail zone was meh. Just past polonca met loverly local spanish...
If anyone is in an albergues in or near Santillana del mar on the 1st of May and comes across Nadia from Ottawa would they kindly point her in the direction of this thread. Thanks all.....

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back