• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Uhhh...happiness

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
. . . and I am happy for you. I love walking the camino and I do love Portugal.

Bom Caminho Fatma!

After a long year of seperation, I decided to walk again the CP. Actually I got no question to ask I am just sharing this because I am happy...

The last time I walked the CP I thought “OK, that’s it, no need to do this again”, but, you know what, I love the CP, and will probably do it again too. Happy, happy :):):)

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
The last time I walked the CP I thought “OK, that’s it, no need to do this again”, but, you know what, I love the CP, and will probably do it again too. Happy, happy :):):)
Interestingly I thought the same last year at the end- and for the last months I was trying to think of an alternative route. And somehow I end up with the CP again- happily!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My wife and I will be leaving Porto on April 7th to walk the interior route to Santiago and then on to Finistere and Muxia as well.

Bom caminho to everyone walking the Portugues. I just wanted to alert people to the fact that the "interior route" or the Caminho Portugues Interior is not the route you guys are talking about. The CPI starts in Viseu, moves northeast to Chaves, crosses into Spain and in Verin connects with an alternative branch of the Camino Sanabres. Confusing!

We have in the past tried to figure out what to do about this confusion, since people logically assume they are walking the "interior route" if they are not walking the "coastal route." In Portuguese, the term "central route" is used to describe the more standard Lisbon-Santarem-Coimbra-Porto-Santiago route. It doesn't really matter much what the term is so long as everyone knows where they are going, but we do like to keep the "interior" subforum dedicated to the un-traveled route between Viseu and Verin so that the intrepid pilgrims that head out will be able to find as much information as possible. SO.... long-winded explanation of why I moved this thread from the "interior" subforum to the general Camino Portugues forum.

If anyone has a good idea about how to change things to make it less confusing, ideas are always welcome here! Bom caminho, Laurie

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If anyone has a good idea about how to change things to make it less confusing, ideas are always welcome here! Bom caminho, Laurie

Hi Laurie, there isn’t a sub forum for the “Central Route”, so perhaps that’s why many think they must use the “Interior Route” sub forum for posting a message.

Personally, I would prefer that the “Camino Portuguese” forum was set up in the same way as the “Camino Frances” forum. That is, don’t differentiate between the different routes, and have only two sub forums:

Blogs / photo albums
Albergues, pensions and hostals

The title of the thread should clarify which route is being discussed, if it doesn’t, it would soon become apparent in the replies to the original post.
Jill

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.
We arrived in Porto by train from Lisbon yesterday afternoon. Long haul from Australia via Singapore, Milan and Madrid departed April 23. Our first encounter with other pilgrams was when 3...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back