Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Useful WebSite about the Camino de Invierno

Charrito

Veteran Member
Apart from the Camino de Invierno guide (marvellously edited by Peregrina2000), I thought that I'd seen all the official pages, blogs, videos and websites about this route.

However, I was wrong! I came across this one the other day. It has some interesting information and good explanatory photos, although some of the stages they propose are a bit weird!

http://www.independentrip.com/camino-de-santiago/camino-de-invierno/etapa-1-ponferrada-santalla

I'll be on this marvellous Camino once more at the start of June.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks for posting this link. Charrito, my hope is that in a very short time the need for our Invierno guide will disappear, since there will be so much more available. This is a very complete resource, GPS tracks and all!

Lucky you, back on the Invierno soon! Laurie

Thanks for posting this link. Charrito, my hope is that in a very short time the need for our Invierno guide will disappear, since there will be so much more available. This is a very complete resource, GPS tracks and all!

Lucky you, back on the Invierno soon! Laurie

Lucky me? Tell me that when I've just walked down to Belesar and then have to cross the river and walk up the other side towards Chantada!!!!!! Or when I climb up and up and up to the Alto do Faro, past all those wind-turbines!

Seriously, though, the Invierno Guide has to be one of the most comprehensive guides ever produced, so please don't allow it to disappear. I'll be posting updates from each stage, with important information about things like whether there actually IS a bar in Éntoma!

I hope to meet a couple more people this time (but not too many!). Last year, there were two from Valencia whom I chatted to in Sobradelo, and three from Córdoba in Asún's albergue in A Rúa. Apart from those, I didn't see a soul until I passed the albergue in Laxe, outside Lalín, where the Invierno joins up with the Sanabrés.

Right, I'd better get some training in!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I love the fact that it shows how this path can be walked in short stages, if perhaps too short :)

I love the fact that it shows how this path can be walked in short stages, if perhaps too short :)
True. But sometimes there would be problems with accommodation or at least the Camino would be more expensive.

Thanks for posting, @Charrito . What is your approx. SdC arrival date?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
True. But sometimes there would be problems with accommodation or at least the Camino would be more expensive.

Thanks for posting, @Charrito . What is your approx. SdC arrival date?
Greetings, KinkyOne. Long time no speak/hear from.

No absolute definite date as yet, but I hope to set off from Ponferrada (if the wife will drive me up from Salamanca!) some time around the first or second week of June. I would reckon on 11 or 12 days to get to SdC, depending on weather, blisters and the usual suspects.

Greetings, KinkyOne. Long time no speak/hear from.

No absolute definite date as yet, but I hope to set off from Ponferrada (if the wife will drive me up from Salamanca!) some time around the first or second week of June. I would reckon on 11 or 12 days to get to SdC, depending on weather, blisters and the usual suspects.
A bit too early for me. If your dates will move forward and you'll be in SdC beetwen 3rd and 9th July let me know. I'm still waiting some important info re my employment but there are quite good chances that I'll be able to make Camino also this summer, hopefully :)

A bit too early for me. If your dates will move forward and you'll be in SdC beetwen 3rd and 9th July let me know. I'm still waiting some important info re my employment but there are quite good chances that I'll be able to make Camino also this summer, hopefully :)
I'll be there long before the first or second week of July.

To be honest, after being almost on your own on the Invierno it's a shock to the system when you suddenly come across hordes of pilgrims/walkers/tourists. I think you said the same when you got to Laxe.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
[...]I came across this one the other day. It has some interesting information and good explanatory photos, although some of the stages they propose are a bit weird!
http://www.independentrip.com/camino-de-santiago/camino-de-invierno/etapa-1-ponferrada-santalla
[...].
Thanks Charrito. The first views of the site were indeed very useful.
However, at a certain stage a message came up with "error establishing a database connection".
Did anybody else have this problem?:eek:

Thanks Charrito. The first views of the site were indeed very useful.
However, at a certain stage a message came up with "error establishing a database connection".
Did anybody else have this problem?:eek:
Absolutely no problems, on my laptop, ipad or iphone.

The profiles of the stages are not available, though.

The really good thing about the website is that if you click on the photos on the map it shows you exactly where you are and which way you need to go. Having said that, the signposting on the Invierno is generally excellent, especially once you cross the bridge after Puente de Domingo Flórez and enter Galicia. I only got lost once, between Quiroga and A Pobra do Brollón!

Thanks, Charrito. The problem has not reappeared. ;) The website is superb and adds valuable information to other sites. And it also is up-to-date. Ultreya again!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Folks can anyone advise about the ease. or lack of ease. of pack transport along the Invierno route? Many Thanks Michael.
We’re scoping out accommodation on the Invierno, and @C clearly noticed that Pensión As Viñas is on booking. There is an annotation “new to booking.” Many of us stayed there before the albergue...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back