• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via Coriovallum (the Netherlands)

Luka

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Next: Camino Sanabrés (May 2024)
Has any of my Dutch Camino friends experience with this route? It is a double loop in the very south of the Netherland (Zuid-Limburg, the only hilly part) of 90/100 kms developed by a Dutch pilgrim. Meant to train or gear test for your Camino or just to experience a couple of days of walking in contemplation.

It has it's own pilgrims passport (however the 'normal' credencial is also valid), a list of where to get your stamps and a few accomodation options (2 refugios, a monastery, the homes of other pilgrims and a 'Natuurvriendenhuis'). There are markers, but it seems like you need the route description (and/or GPS-tracks) as well.

I will be in the Netherlands for a couple of weeks in August 2024 and it is very tempting to put the Via Coriovallum on my 'to do-list'. :)

More information here (in Dutch and some in German): https://viacoriovallum.nl/

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Wow! No, did not walk it yet. But seeing it is relatively close by I am going to try it out soon.
Especially since I walked more than enough around Maastricht and Voeren so it is a good way of training hilly terrain in a new region!

Thanks for the link!

Thanks for the link. I had never heard of it, but it is on my to do list now. :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Wow! No, did not walk it yet. But seeing it is relatively close by I am going to try it out soon.
Especially since I walked more than enough around Maastricht and Voeren so it is a good way of training hilly terrain in a new region!

Thanks for the link!
Please report back :D

Thanks for the link. I’ll see if I can interest my Dutch grandchildren in doing it with me.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Never heard of it. I am now living in Amsterdam may be nice to do for a day hike to get the sense of it and see if I could do it longer. If anyone is interested let me know to coordinate.

Has any of my Dutch Camino friends experience with this route?
I walked that middle bit last spring, Herlen to Valkenberg. It was a really nice day of walking, not very taxing, but with plenty of ups and downs. We stayed at the Nivon house in Herlen, and took the train back at the end of the day. It wouldn't be too hard to keep going as far as Maastricht, but we wanted to take it easy.

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2024/04/22/italy-tourists-cinque-terre-one-way-hiking-trails/
Good morning. After having walked, 3 (Frances, VdlP, CP and Fisterra) Camino to Santiago, we thought that this year we should ‘experience’ another Way. So in a few short days we fly off to Italy...
Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Jougne, the end of the last stage in France? Thanks. Karl

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.