• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via Francigena Awaits

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
How wonderful @WayneG ...I felt a pang of what once was reading your post. I set off from Canterbury Cathedral for Rome having already walked from London in late March 2019.
My advice; be prepared to be very 'flexible' with your route across France...go Your Own Way..it can be an enjoyable challenge each day. With no real set path, get comfortable navigating on the fly.
Most of all accept it for what is & savour!
Any issues which may crop up needing advice, those who have been before you here on the Forum will be happy to help.
@timr is a wealth of info & I'll answer any queries too.
Wishing you the most wonderful journey..there's no other trail like it I know of.
Sempre avanti 🤗
👣 🌏

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
How wonderful @WayneG ...I felt a pang of what once was reading your post. I set off from Canterbury Cathedral for Rome having already walked from London in late March 2019.
My advice; be prepared to be very 'flexible' with your route across France...go Your Own Way..it can be an enjoyable challenge each day. With no real set path, get comfortable navigating on the fly.
Any issues which may crop up needing advice, those who have been before you here on the Forum will be happy to help.
Wishing you the most wonderful journey..there's no other trail like it I know of.
Sempre avanti 🤗
👣 🌏
thanks tassie kaz. i am really looking forward to the adventure

April 17th will see me depart Canterbury Cathedral walking to Rome.
This will be my 4th and longest Camino.
May the Way provide.
Any advice appreciated.
If you're on Facebook you could join the Via Francigena group. Lots of up-to-date info there.

If needed I have a list of great places to stay along the Italian portion of the route that I used this past summer. Being it was so recent I would believe they are still open. Let me know.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
May the Way provide.
Any advice appreciated.
Enjoy. I did Canterbury to Rome in 2018. Great walk. I saw my first fellow walkers the day before San Bernardo Pass.

May the Way provide.
Any advice appreciated.
Good Luck Wayne. My Via was postponed last year of course so I am walking just the last 100K of Camino Frances with my son-in-law and 2 granddaughters May/June. I am undecided whether to start the Via late July of early August or postpone it again until next year and do it for my 70th Birthday.
Buen Camino
Vince

May the Way provide.
Any advice appreciated.
Wayne, I wish you well. May you have a trouble free pilgrimage. A walk I would dearly love to do. God speed.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
If needed I have a list of great places to stay along the Italian portion of the route that I used this past summer. Being it was so recent I would believe they are still open. Let me know.
Please post your list Bob.
Even if Wayne isn’t interested, I know I will be… (we’re hoping to walk the Italian portion later this year, if the various world events permit…)

May the Way provide.
Any advice appreciated.
Well done dude. Perfect time as well. That walk is on my bucket list.
Suggestions you may already know.
#1 the Buddha says the attachment to out come is the source of all suffering. Allow your trip to flow
#2 difficulties can be blessings in disguise
#3 a day of rest is as important as a day walking many miles
#4 2 pilgrims are stronger than 1, allow friends to come and go.
Lastly a little vino makes the heart glad😎

Bought plane ticket to London today. Plan is to start walking from Canterbury on 31 May, assuming world events allow. Only going to Gr San Bernard Pass this year. Loads of great information on the Confraternity website.
Godspeed and a safe journey. Bon Chemin!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Good luck Wayne! I have my ticket to fly to London August 1st. I plan to walk the Pilgrims Way from Farnham then at Rochester turn south, direction Rome. Still a while away, but already excited having had to cancel in May 2020. Hopefully this year things will work out. Enjoy!!

Please post your list Bob.

Hi Scott,
I'd be glad to do so. Send me your email in a private message and I will forward the entire itinerary to you. (Much easier to it this way than to type out each one).
Bob

Sempre avanti 🤗
👣 🌏
Thanks Bob. countdown has begun.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Good Luck Wayne. My Via was postponed last year of course so I am walking just the last 100K of Camino Frances with my son-in-law and 2 granddaughters May/June. I am undecided whether to start the Via late July of early August or postpone it again until next year and do it for my 70th Birthday.
Buen Camino
Vince
either way it will be special. this year is always better than next!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Well done dude. Perfect time as well. That walk is on my bucket list.
Suggestions you may already know.
#1 the Buddha says the attachment to out come is the source of all suffering. Allow your trip to flow
#2 difficulties can be blessings in disguise
#3 a day of rest is as important as a day walking many miles
#4 2 pilgrims are stronger than 1, allow friends to come and go.
Lastly a little vino makes the heart glad😎
wise words indeed. thankyou

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.