A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Viscrret guerendiain to zubiri

DaniSing

Camino(s) past & future
Sept/Oct 2019
Hello, can anyone please tell me what the section between viscrret guerendiain to zubiri is like? I'm planning on leaving at 6am tomorrow morning so will be walking in the dark. Doable? Thanks in advance for any advice. Dani

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy to Santiago via the Frances 2012-2013. EPW2015
Aragonese & Frances 2016
Burgos to Muxia 2017
The first two km to Linzoain might be fine, but I would not do after that in the dark. It's in a forest and the descent to Zubiri is dangerous enough in daylight. It's rocky, leaf covered and slippery.

mspath

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
At Linzoain you can pick up the road N 135 and follow it down to Zubiri. Walk on the left side verges of the road.

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy to Santiago via the Frances 2012-2013. EPW2015
Aragonese & Frances 2016
Burgos to Muxia 2017
At Linzoain you can pick up the road N 135 and follow it down to Zubiri. Walk on the left side verges of the road.
The N 135 is the same road you are walking parallel to out of Viskarret/Guerendiain, so you don't need to go in to Linzoain to find it. Make sure you are highly visible if you take the road.

Camino(s) past & future
Francis SJPDP-SDC (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) , Norte 2018
Pilgrim Office 2018, Hospitalero Acebo 2019
I do not ever recommend walking along the road. Ever.....
I am presently Hospitalero in Acebo and many pilgrims ask me each night is the road to Molinaseca easier then the trail. I always say to them the road us too dangerous. It is not very wide
And cars buses and trucks travel it very fast. Be safe, go slow and you will be fine. Please do not take the road when a trail is possible.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(2012) Le Puy/CF (2015) Portugues (2017) Norte (2018) CF (2019) VDLP?
I agree completely with Halfdome. Avoid roads if at all possible at all times. Road walking leaves your fate in the hands of bad/distracted/texting/spacing out or just plain dangerous drivers. Why risk it? I would say start just at dawn and you will have more than enough sun when you get to the downhill. If you have a headlamp turn it on and be careful. You will recover from a slip a lot quicker than a car accident.

susanawee

susanawee
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances-(2013/14/18
Camino Salvado Perth -(2015)
West Highland Way (2016)
Lyon France 2017
The first two km to Linzoain might be fine, but I would not do after that in the dark. It's in a forest and the descent to Zubiri is dangerous enough in daylight. It's rocky, leaf covered and slippery.
I would definitely Second this advice.....The Steep and rocky section needs your full attention.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock