• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Voie d'Arles

StephenT

Time of past OR future Camino
LePuy to Pamplona 2013/16; on to Burgos
Bonjour

I am looking at the Chemin d'Arles from Toulouse, then continuing on the Aragones from Somport

I have the MMDD guide and some great Forum information (- thanks Ivar), but can anyone recommend a helpful app which would be of assistance over that route ?

I have had a check on a couple of websites, and this route doesnt seem to be covered

Merci
Stephen
in New Zealand

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Stephen

Neil from Australia here. We will also leave from Toulouse, but go via Lourdes and SJPP.

I have the Buen Camino app, which covers the Chemin d'Arles amongst many others. I'm yet to use it on the road, so no idea of accuracy etc. The 'index of localities' screen does say "Do not download. Old guide.", so there's that.

Cheers

As well as the MMDD guide, I had this one, but I see it is out of stock now…
Buen Camino apps are usually very good but I didn’t have it for that particular camino.
This one is good (useful maps) but it’s all in French https://www.chemin-compostelle.fr/boutique/france/chemin-arles/

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I recommend mapy.cz which is a map app with all the GR and camino routes, in France at least. Download the app and as an example, search for LĂ©guevin (small town west of Toulouse). Zoom in and you will see which of the dark red lines is the Voie d'Arles.
I'm not the OP, but thank you for your comment. I had already dowloaded mapy.cz, but was a bit lost finding trails on their website to download. Your comment makes me realise it is a lot simpler than that!

Interesting you used Léguevin as an example btw. Gronze has a bit of a whinge in the description of the Léguevin - Giscaro stage, regarding the GR route and their tendency to take pointless diversions. (Regular hikers have different priorities from pilgrims. Who'd have thought! 🙂 ) Gronze follows the Jacobean route, whilst showing the GR route. I notice mapy.cz uses just the GR route.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
AlpineQuest is a great app and worth the few $$$ for the full version.
You'll find a map layer with every single hiking/camino trail in Spain you can superimpose on googlemaps along with a topographical map.
I couldn't get lost if I tried

Hello folks. My office was located in Giscaro and I live 17 km from Auch…have walked the avoue d’Arles from Toulouse. PM me if you need information.

Apology for the belated reply

Many thanks to SongKhonGair / Domigee / SusanMaria / Xali1970 / WalkingInGers for your helpful suggestions

Ultreia
StephenT

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

I've just finished walking Toulouse to Jaca on my pilgrimage from Rome to Santiago which I'm in doing gradually 3 weeks at a time. I spent a lot of time reading the posts about this section and...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back