• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Waking to the End of the World

Bunksunbound

Time of past OR future Camino
Santiago-Finisterre-Muxia March 2023
Hi, I’m walking from Santiago to Finisterre and Muxia in March.

I previously walked from Sarria to Santiago and Tui to Santiago pre-pandemic and have wanted to come back for a long time.

Any top tips for this particular Camino?

Many thanks

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Get the "ultimo sello".

If you go passed the tourist shop by the car park towards the lighthouse, there is a guy with a stamp offering a (ultimo) sello as 'donativo'. Purely a commercial rather than a spiritual arrangement but might appeal to you. On the left side as you go down.

Attachments

• IMG_0374.JPG
    IMG_0374.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 11
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I would second the advice about choosing which route to take!
On my first Camino in 2017, I did Muxia to Finisterre, because of the better transport options!
Although there are more buses leaving from Finisterre, they can get really busy!

Check the weather before leaving!
I arrived into Finisterre to dense fog and rain, couldn’t see a thing!
Muxia in comparison was warm and sunny!
I also didn’t realise the 0.0km marker and lighthouse was actually a extra few km from the town centre!
I had planned to stay an extra day in Finisterre, but the weather was so bad, I got the bus back the next day!

Only to choose wisely the order. If you plan to take the bus back you will find that Finisterre offers a more robust timetable while Muxía has only 2 a day (last I checked). Both are very relaxed seaside villages, but Muxía even more so
Only to choose wisely the order. If you plan to take the bus back you will find that Finisterre offers a more robust timetable while Muxía has only 2 a day (last I checked). Both are very relaxed seaside villages, but Muxía even more so.
After finishing the Frances I will be doing this last stage. I can’t seem to make up my mind about what direction. 1) Santiago-Finisterre-muxia OR 2) Santiago-Muxia-Finisterre.

Bus schedules not a problem as I am not in a fixed schedule. Thanks.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Watching the sun go down at Finisterre - I was advised by a local barman that the best view was from Praia do Mar de Fóra rather than from the lighthouse at the end of the promotory. As I already gone out to the lighthouse earlier in the day, I went to the beach. It was not busy and it is a lot closer to the town than the lighthouse. Watching the sun go down as I sat on the beach was a moving and wonderful end to 41 days on the road from San Sebastián. I recommend it.

Muxia will allways be special to me.
I was sitting on top of the St.Marys church on the end of the town right at the sea on the neolithical s carvings when suddenly a fog came in from the sea and engulfed the town in now time. . I could see why the ancient ones thought that was a pass to the other world.
From Finister to Muxia was one of the loveliest steched of the Camino for me.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back