• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking Camino del Salvador in May 2017

handzondeck2

Time of past OR future Camino
Life is one big adventure - follow your dreams.
Hola fellow pilgrims

Is anyone walking the Camino del Salvador in May next year? If so, I would like to trade planning notes. I will be walking from Madrid and intend to start to walk the San Salvador on around 01 May before walking the Primitivo.

Hopefully the weather will be favourable.

More than happy for anyone to share advice about the walk. I have downloaded Ender's notes and they are brilliant to say the least. Any other tips and hints are always welcome.

Thanks in advance

Sharon

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Sharon. I am also planning a Camino from Madrid next spring, followed by the Salvador and Primitivo. I haven't committed to a start date yet, but may well coincide with you. So far, I have just been reading blogs and researching on this forum.

Hello @handzondeck2 @Magwood,
I am considering this for next year, and arbitrarily have picked 1st May to start both this year and last year and probably will again. I did Primitivo this year and would like to add on Salvador - I have a tendency to work backwards! But I would probably divert then to the latter half of the Norte after Oviedo - there are few bits there I have missed in the past. Having said that, the Primitivo in May was fabulous and I would happily do it again.
I have a couple of trips still this year - a few days on Baztan route in October, just to Pamplona (definite) and Porto-Santiago in November (still tentative!) Hard to look ahead to next May just yet;)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Sharon. I am also planning a Camino from Madrid next spring, followed by the Salvador and Primitivo. I haven't committed to a start date yet, but may well coincide with you. So far, I have just been reading blogs and researching on this forum.
Hi Magwood I start my journey from Madrid on 17 April all going well to start the San Salvador 01 May. Hopefully we can meet up on the way.As I mentioned earlier I have Ender's guide but forgot to mention I also have Laurie's guide too which is full of great information. Feel free to PM me if you want to share notes.

Hello @handzondeck2 @Magwood,
I am considering this for next year, and arbitrarily have picked 1st May to start both this year and last year and probably will again. I did Primitivo this year and would like to add on Salvador - I have a tendency to work backwards! But I would probably divert then to the latter half of the Norte after Oviedo - there are few bits there I have missed in the past. Having said that, the Primitivo in May was fabulous and I would happily do it again.
I have a couple of trips still this year - a few days on Baztan route in October, just to Pamplona (definite) and Porto-Santiago in November (still tentative!) Hard to look ahead to next May just yet;)
Timr you never know our paths may just happen to cross as the camino works in mysterious ways. Glad to hear that you had a great time on the primitivo. Are you willing to share your notes?

Most read last week in this forum

(Soon-) Live from the Camino del Salvador - starting end of April 24. We are currently on the Camino de Invierno around 43km before reaching Santiago - from there we will catch a bus to Leon to...
First time posting Live? Left León at 8am. Arrived at Cabanillas 2. The path is very beautiful. 20km total. Followed the River. At first town we went to the lovely Bar and Tienda. I bought cheese...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back