• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking from Leon March 2011

julieann

Hello everyone,

I am a first-timer planning on walking from Leon to Santiago in March 2011. I live in Kent and will be traveling alone. I know very little about the pilgrimage and have a lot to research and learn, so I will probably be plaguing you all with questions.
If anyone is going to be on the same route in March in would be great to hear from them! :)

Julie

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
Hi Julie,
The Camino from Leon to Santiago is wonderful. If you get the chance have a look around Leon before setting out, it is a beutiful city. Enjoy your planning, I'm sure you will get lots of good advice from the good folk here at the forum.
Buen Camino
Col

Hi
i just finished my camino in Santiago from Leon on 9th july . if you are a relative newcomer I would recommend that you get a booklet from the confraternaty of st james "pilgrim guide to spain" which details in good accurate detail all of the villages and towns along the way allowing you to plan your stops etc.You can get this booklet by contacting the confraternity by email office@csj.org.uk The route from Leon was very enjoyable and i am looking forward next year to having a go at another section or perhaps the camino de norte which i was told by a french couple who were joining the camino frances at Sarris was very quiet with few pergrinos walking . I hope you enjoy

buen camino
Eamar

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
Thank you Eamar and Col,

I am now wondering, after reading here, if I should walk later in the year. I'm a novice and the thoughts of rain, hail and snow in March are a little worrisome. Am considering moving the walk to August as hopefully the weather will be less damp, although hotter, there will be more pilgrims walking (I assume) and I pack lighter, ie no sleeping bag, just a liner.

I will definitely order some books and will join the CSJ after 1 August. Their membership year starts in October and if I apply before 1 August my membership will expire in October 2010 if I wait it will expire in October 2011.

Thanks again

Julie

I've made the walk in that section in later August and in September.
Both are lovely.
You miss the wildflowers but you hit the fall festivals and there is much less rain. We enjoyed it very much.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings fellow travelers, I am hoping to do my first international trip at 57 and solo to walk the Camino Primitivo in mid-July. I want to book the trip through either Santiago Ways or Camino...
Hello, my name is Wendy and I walked the Camino Primitivo in September 2022 and I’m planning to walk the full Camino Portugues from Lisbon to Santiago beginning September 7, 2024, in honor of my...
I'll be volunteering in Santiago July 01- July 15 this year with the Camino Companions who offer services for the English speaking pilgrims, announcements at mass, English Mass at the Pilgrim's...
Hello! I and my friend Cecilia will walk Camino Ingles with start 4th of October. We are so excited to our first but not last Camino. Buen Camino to all of you.
Hi my name is Bryce (Australian) and I’m doing the Camino Frances starting September 15. My wife is 57 years old and was born without her left thigh bone. She can wear a prosthetic leg for very...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.