• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking in April 2008

Mic

Hi, my name is Mic and I am from Edinburgh. I attend St Patricks church on the Royal Mile.
I have been thinking about walking the camino for several years now, but I guess there is more of an impetus in me for personal reasons, including a school friend being seriously ill from cancer. I plan to walk from Leon and will be spending my 36th birthday somewhere between there and Santiago.
Just bought my walking boots and plan to walk them in before starting the really serious preparation in January. I think buying the boots started to make it very real!!!!
Mic

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Mic,
Welcome to the Forum, hope your further preparations go well. You are walking from Leon but you haven't said when so it will be difficult to wish you 'Happy Birthday' near the appropriate time! Any help you need just let me know. I actually live just down the road from you near Newcastle.
The illness of someone close can often concentrate the thoughts and raise questions about what is really important in life. I hope things go well with your friend.
Buen Camino,
Brendan

I am dithering at the moment, bhut will definitely be walking on April 26, my birthday - I am considering treying to miss the week prior to the may holiday as I understand that the last bit will be packed then, so maybe the last two weeks of April.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Mic,
May I suggest you are not dithering but carefully planning your pilgrimage!!! Actually it is important to plan carefully so that you can try to get the best out of your pilgrimage. Part of the pilgrimage is to be open to other pilgrims and situations, but this becomes easier if some problems have already been anticipated. However it can sometimes be difficult to work around the various potential situations, some of which do not actually arise.
Cheers,
Brendan

Hi, Mic

As you have just bought your new boots, I suggest you to walk as much as possible with it BEFORE your Camino, to adjust it to your feet, just a couple of kilometers the first day, 10 km the second, etc, and stopping to any problem to avoid ampollas.

April is the best moment to enjoy your Camino, the best weather (may be a bit cold, don't forget it). And if possible continue to Fisterra.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Mic, hi there my nameis niel and I am from the Niagara region in Canada. I am a third year divinity student at the Toronto school of Theology I am a lot of fun and still can be serious .i am thinking of the camion and just new reassurance and a companion to travel with. Anyway best of luck and get back.

niel

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Mic said:
I have been thinking about walking the camino for several years now, but I guess there is more of an impetus in me for personal reasons, including a school friend being seriously ill from cancer. I plan to walk from Leon and will be spending my 36th birthday somewhere between there and Santiago.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. The Camino will certainly give you time to contemplate whatever it is you need to work through.

Leon is a neat city - it was where the idea to do the Camino first implanted in my mind, back in 2003 while visiting a Spanish friend to attend his wedding, so it's special to me. if you haven't been there, you might want to spend a bit of time exploring. The cathedral is one of Spain's finest, and the city itself is full of good shops and cafes... :arrow:

Mic,

Welcome aboard...you have desire and motivation, each will stand you in good stead as you make your Camino. There's a growing number of us on the Camino in 2008 and, a significant number starting in April. Consider joining the Class of 2008 thread and plan along with the folks that may well be your fellow pilgrim along the Milky Way.

Buen Camino.
Arn

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back