• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking in May, 2022...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Starwonder54....you will have no trouble finding people to walk with!!
It's a beautiful month to walk and will be packed if all goes to plan once we can walk again.
The Frances is gorgeous then and I'm tempted to do it again after doing the Norte 2018, then missing out doing the Madrid, Salvador and Primitivo last year.
Now I'm living both my caminos thru all my photos/vids on the big screen (my TV)😊 and the forum of course.
You sound so organised ....buen camino 👣👣and enjoy😀

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello to all...I am planning to walk the Camino from SJPP to Santiago, setting out on May 18, 2022...I would love to hear from anyone who will be embarking at the same time and would be inclined to having a walking buddy....Buen Camino!
I too am planning on approximately the same time. I have canceled my initial pilgrimage the last 5 consecutive years for valid reasons. I am now canceling this year due to the pandemic again. May 2022 it is. I am also going solo. I am aware that I will indeed not be alone. I will travel at my pace for my camino. I also realize that probably within 4-5 days of walking, I will be traveling with an established group of peregrinos doing the same as me. I will welcome them with open arms and walk with them to SDC. Until then, I must remain optimistic, hope for the best and set my sights on trimming excess weight off my body. God willing!

Hello to all...I am planning to walk the Camino from SJPP to Santiago, setting out on May 18, 2022...I would love to hear from anyone who will be embarking at the same time and would be inclined to having a walking buddy....Buen Camino!
I'm so glad someone else is looking forward to the future and CAMINO 2022! I look back at precovid travels and am so glad I did what I did but now am fearful that we won't be able to travel anywhere anymore. I can't wait to hear that Spain will be open to US perigrinos. I have the green lite to take 2 weeks and walk the Camino Frances in 2022 and love the preparation and planning of it. It gives me something to look forward too. I would love to go in May 2022 and walk from SJPP for 2 weeks. I did walk from Astorga to Santiago in 2016. Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'm also hoping to start the Camino in May next year! I did my first Camino in 2017 so it'll be five years since then. It was honestly life changing. I'm sure it'll be very different the second time round but I'm very much looking forward to doing it again! It was the most challenging thing I've ever done in my life but also so incredible.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I also hoping around that date ..hope all situation great ,do my first Camino..see yaa ..Buen Camino !

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Ciao Little Flower, I am in Saint Jean Pied di Port right now. I've only seen a few pilgrims since I got here this afternoon. Due to covid there is only a fee Albergues open here. Nothing is open over the Pyrenees till you get to Roncesvalles Spain. I'm sure by April 2022 when you do your Camino everything should be open. I could not postpone another year so i have both my vaccines I am walking The Camino Frances.

Buen Camino
Natale

I am sure we are all envious of you. Enjoy yourself, stay safe. Let us know how you get on. Buen Camino.

Belive me it hasn't been easy in getting this far. Difficult but not impossible. Don't know where you plan on staying for your Camino but the LA Vida Bella albergue +330768234007 is open now and I would recommend it. Patrizia the owner will take care of you.
Buen Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I guess that there is no real answer as the weather is unreliable. However I started at SJPdP on 27 April 2019 over the Napoleon route, there was snow to the side of the path on occasions - just enough to take a photo so it looked harder than it actually was! But when registering at the Pilgrims Office the previous day they told me that there had been bad weather for the previous 4 days and that they had to stop pilgrims going over the high-level route and that they had to rescue some individuals so I should check with them in the morning but all was OK. Luckily I had booked accommodation but Roncesvalles was fully booked due to people delaying their pilgrimage so individuals were walking on to find a bed for the night or getting a taxi.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Annie. I am planning to start on 1st May as well with 4 others. Do you have any experience of the weather for crossing the Pyrenees at that time?
I’ve crossed when it’s so foggy you can’t hardly see your hand in front of you and I’ve crossed when it’s beautiful and sunny and I’ve crossed when it’s cloudy until you get up high enough to be above the clouds. I’ve crossed when the winds were 70 KPH. You just never know. Go prepared for anything. Lol. Sorry.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Mine too, and I see you're in the UK. I plan to fly out of Stanstead on Ryan air to Biarritz on 29th, and then spend the day in SJPDP on 30th before setting off on the 1st.
I may be on the same flight then! Either that or the one on the 30th. Either way I plan to set off on 1st May so I should see you if all goes to plan.

Flying via NY to Madrid; arrive Madrid May 18, 2022, but starting SJPDP on Friday, May 20, 2022. First time Pilgrim ... 59 years old ... just hoping CODID does not cause me to cancel.

@Natale, I think @Anniesantiago is planning to start on May 1, 2022. Are you planning for 2021?
I walked the Camino frances last May 2021. It's was great. But I have to say from SJDP TO Roncesvalles almost killed me not good for a first start of the Camino. But, piano, piano and you'll make it. I am planning for April 2022 from Porto to Santiago or from Saria Spain to the end of the world.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I am not boasting, as everyone will be different, but I didn't find the walk from SJPDP to Roncesvalles too difficult/tiring. I was 72 at the time, I started at 07.00 and plodded up slowly taking short steps although it was hot, I was walking in shorts and a T-shirt. I got to my accommodation at 14.45 having stopped at Orisson for a short while for a drink and my first tortilla de patatas.

I am not boasting, as everyone will be different, but I didn't find the walk from SJPDP to Roncesvalles too difficult/tiring. I was 72 at the time, I started at 07.00 and plodded up slowly taking short steps although it was hot, I was walking in shorts and a T-shirt. I got to my accommodation at 14.45 having stopped at Orisson for a short while for a drink and my first tortilla de patatas.
My hat is off to you Sir great job! I was 72 myself and walked 10/15km 6 days a week before I walked the Camino. What I failed to say is that I took the lower road to Roncesvalles which is 11 km. The Spanish police stopped me at the border and threatened to arrest me if he saw me on the other side of the border because Spain was closed due to covid. So, I walked back 11km back to SJPDP for a total of 22Km Then walked 23.7km to Roncesvalles for a total of 45.7km. And that my friend kicked my butt. Spain didn't open till 9 May by then I was in Pamplona. I was thankful that I met a pilligino that helped me the last few kms Roncesvalles.

I am not surprised that it almost killed you! I don't think that I would have had the mental or physical strength to start again from SJPDP after walking the amount you already had!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
You are absolutely correct not the smartest thing to do bad choice on my part. But, I was at the point of no return.

I plan to walk Camino Norte in middle of April 2022, start from Irun.

Buen Camino!
I walk the camino del norte till oviedo and than further on the camino primitivo. I start in san sebastian on the 22th of april 2022 and end on the 2th of june 2022 in santiago. I walked the camino frances in june/july 2021.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi
I am starting from SJPP on the May 16th, I have booked Refuge Orisson for my first night and Casa Sabina in Roncesvalles for the following night.

Hi
I am starting from SJPP on the May 16th, I have booked Refuge Orisson for my first night and Casa Sabina in Roncesvalles for the following night.
I arrive SJPP the 18th and start my walk on the 20th. I'm sure we'll all meet along the Way. 😀

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I arrive in SJPDP ON May 3 and will walk to Orrison in the afternoon
Ciao Larry, May 3 date is from 2021 not 2022 sorry about that. I did walked the Camino last year. This year (2022) 25 April I am going to walk from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela again. Then walking to Fisterra & Muxia. After that I am thinking of walking to Porto depending if Portugal is open. If you need any help or suggestions ask away be glad to help as well as others. Buen camino

God willing I will be starting from Porto the day before (May 17 2022). Already have two Frances's behind me.
Well it looks like this plan has fallen through, but maybe September is the go. But more realistically its sometime in 2023 - Spring through to Fall. Cheers

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm so glad someone else is looking forward to the future and CAMINO 2022! I look back at precovid travels and am so glad I did what I did but now am fearful that we won't be able to travel anywhere anymore. I can't wait to hear that Spain will be open to US perigrinos. I have the green lite to take 2 weeks and walk the Camino Frances in 2022 and love the preparation and planning of it. It gives me something to look forward too. I would love to go in May 2022 and walk from SJPP for 2 weeks. I did walk from Astorga to Santiago in 2016. Buen Camino!
How long did it take to go from Astorga to Santiago?

How long did it take to go from Astorga to Santiago?
It took us ten days. But let me tell you. We walked 7a-5p almost everyday. And looking back I would have slowed down and stopped around 1 or 2pm. As it turned out by the time we stopped we were so tired all we wanted to do is shower, eat and then go to bed.

I think Spain is already open to US travellers isn't it?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.