• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking in September 2015

Elizabethanne

Time of past OR future Camino
I plan to walk in September (2015)
Hi my name is Anne or Annie, (more often Annie) and I am from Australia. I am doing this walk for my 60th birthday. I have bought my ticket to start walking form St Jean Pied de Port in mid September. Getting very excited now my tickets are paid for and busy looking at accommodation for my first two nights. I fly into Biarritz at about 11 pm at night so if anyone has any recommendations for accommodation for that night it would be awesome.
I look forward to meeting others who are walking then.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Not sure about Biarritz your first night, but I would highly recommend Beleiri in SJPDP for your second night. It is a great Albergue just across from the pilgrims office with a mandatory dinner. This is a great way to meet others before you start off on your Camino. We did this last September and we kept in contact and walked with some of the same folks throughout our Camino. Also, I highly recomend making reservations at Orisson for the first night of your trek over the Pyrenees. This was one of our favorite places on "The Way" and it sure makes the trek up and over much more enjoyable. Buen Camino

Hi Annie!
You have a hundred different options in Biarritz, from posh hotels to albergues. It all depends what you're after :).
Check out: http://www.hifrance.org/auberge-de-jeunesse/biarritz.html for an inexpensive option. Bear in mind that your late arrival should be advised to the hostal and checked out as being acceptable. The same would apply to many hotels.
I often use http://www.booking.com for a wide choice.
You're going to have a wonderful time ... something to really look forward to :)
Buen camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
11 Pm is late. The airport is not large but you are no doubt going to have to grab a taxi because the buses stop running around 9pm. There are several hotels near the airport that cater to business travelers, I hate to suggest them but that might be your best option and then take a bus in the morning to the train station in Bayonne and be on your way to SJPdP.

like @biarritzdon said, maybe the best choice is to stay at an airport hotel, but then maybe the next day try to book a shared taxiride from the airport to SJPP with http://www.expressbourricot.com/
This can be as cheap as 16 euro.

Welcome Annie, I plan to start in SJPdP September 7th. Maybe I will see you along the way.

Mike

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Annie, 3 of us Canadian gals are arriving SJPdP on 11Sep. Staying over in Bayonne on 10Sep. Have our first nite in Orrison booked already. Hope to see you on the trail.

Dee

Hi Annie, 3 of us Canadian gals are arriving SJPdP on 11Sep. Staying over in Bayonne on 10Sep. Have our first nite in Orrison booked already. Hope to see you on the trail.

Dee
Hi all,
Thank you for your comments, very helpful. I start walking on the 23 September. So not sure whether I will see you out there. Sounds like booking the first night at Orrison is a good idea.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Annie, when we booked at Orrisson we just went on their website and sent and email. It takes several days for them to reply and then they send the link for payment.

Dee

Annie, when we booked at Orrisson we just went on their website and sent and email. It takes several days for them to reply and then they send the link for payment.

Dee
thanks for this Dee, I have just sent off an accommodation request.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back