• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

We Walked it With a 14 Month Old

waveprof

Enthusiast
Time of past OR future Camino
May-June 2013, Camino Frances
If you are interested in following our journey, you can find our blog, El pequeno peregrino at:

http://elpequenoperegrino.blogspot.com/

If you want to fast forward to the post with our opinions based on what we learned from the camino, that can be found at:

http://elpequenoperegrino.blogspot.com/2013/07/rearview-mirror-thoughts-on-camino.html

If you want to fast forward to the post about how we did it with a baby:

http://elpequenoperegrino.blogspot.com/2013/07/doin-it-with-baby.html

Images only (1400+ images documenting the entire route) can be found on a flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98762589@N05/sets

Buen Camino!!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Does anybody know if blogspot leaves the blogs up permanently? Or will they eventually delete this?

Blogspot should stay up until the owner takes it down.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Does anybody know if blogspot leaves the blogs up permanently? Or will they eventually delete this?

Blogspot is owned by Google and they reserve the right in their TOS to take any blog down at their own discretion. Normally that applies only to spam blogs and not to travel blogs but as you (generic you, not personal) don't own your blog completely you don't have any ultimate control over that. Tip: If you use blogspot back up your content regularly to your hard drive so that not all is lost if Google throws a fit. Happy blogging, SY

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I am the father. Did we meet along the Way of St James?
I just knew it! And yes, we did meet a few times. It was so lovely to see the four of you walking together. We met the first time in a large restaurant/cafe in the morning, perhaps outside of Fromista? And then a few other times, including in one of the "rest" areas on the Meseta - the one with tables but no loo ... (What a mess that place is. Such a pity they didn't think it trough.)

I remember asking about the origin of his name and your wife, telling me she had been there before, if I recall well, so when I saw the Basque flag on your avatar and reading what you said about traveling with a 14 month old I thought I knew who you are.

Your son always had a smile on his face on his Camino - he will not remember it, but knowing he "walked it" will likely be an important part of his identity. I think the Camino likes kids, and they like it: I also came across a 6 months old who smiled all the way through.

As for me, I would be the 'well rounded' pilgrim who spoke Spanish, with a Mexican accent, French and also, English, bit a bit of a French accent. I hope Kepa, your wife, mother in law and yourself are doing well. You really were a lovely family to have met on the Camino. PM if you want and I can send you a picture for you to remember.

I just knew it! And yes, we did meet a few times. It was so lovely to see the four of you walking together. We met the first time in a large restaurant/cafe in the morning, perhaps outside of Fromista? And then a few other times, including in one of the "rest" areas on the Meseta - the one with tables but no loo ... (What a mess that place is. Such a pity they didn't think it trough.)

I remember asking about the origin of his name and your wife, telling me she had been there before, if I recall well, so when I saw the Basque flag on your avatar and reading what you said about traveling with a 14 month old I thought I knew who you are.

Your son always had a smile on his face on his Camino - he will not remember it, but knowing he "walked it" will likely be an important part of his identity. I think the Camino likes kids, and they like it: I also came across a 6 months old who smiled all the way through.

As for me, I would be the 'well rounded' pilgrim who spoke Spanish, with a Mexican accent, French and also, English, bit a bit of a French accent. I hope Kepa, your wife, mother in law and yourself are doing well. You really were a lovely family to have met on the Camino. PM if you want and I can send you a picture for you to remember.
I'm pretty sure I know exactly who you are! We remember you well. My it's a small world meeting up here. I think the last time we saw you was at a large, almost-hotel-esque courtyard at an eatery. You were offering to ride to the next town with a man who had injured his leg.

Thanks for the kind words. Agree about Kepa, though (shockingly) he seems to still remember it---he's fixated whenever he sees pictures or video of the camino, then picks up his walking stick (a gift on the camino) and starts walking around the room. But I'm sure the memories will pass soon, no way he'll retain them. But his nature is just as happy go luck as ever, and I think the Camino did a lot to help that.

So glad you finished and have been back to do other parts of the camino!

My mother is doing great and so is my wife. Hoping to do the Norte when Kepa is old enough (probably at least ten), then my wife and I want to do the Frances starting in Paris in our 50s.

Send me a PM sometime if you want to. Glad you are doing well!!!!

If you are interested in following our journey, you can find our blog, El pequeno peregrino at:

http://elpequenoperegrino.blogspot.com/

If you want to fast forward to the post with our opinions based on what we learned from the camino, that can be found at:

http://elpequenoperegrino.blogspot.com/2013/07/rearview-mirror-thoughts-on-camino.html

If you want to fast forward to the post about how we did it with a baby:

http://elpequenoperegrino.blogspot.com/2013/07/doin-it-with-baby.html

Images only (1400+ images documenting the entire route) can be found on a flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98762589@N05/sets

Buen Camino!!!

Excited to find your blog today, brought back fond memories Derek.

DSC07435.JPG

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Excited to find your blog today, brought back fond memories Derek.

View attachment 15863
Yes indeed that is me.
Great to see Kepa is doing so well. I remember when my daughter was his age or a bit older how she could remember
when she was I baby and I was almost convinced she would never forget, it's such a pity the do not remember.
I continue to be very fortunate, the Camino was a great experience for me, I ended up walking with Emily and Helen,the two young Aussie girls. For many years in the seventies and eighties I drove young Australians on camping tours around Europe, Russia and Asia so I could relate really well to them and I realised I could still do the things I was doing 40 years ago and I have since spent a ski season in Chamonix driving transfer buses and in the summer driving a bus around Europe for Top Deck on the same tours I did 40 years ago!!
I also walked the Camino di Assisi which I thought would be A gentle stroll through Tuscany after the Camino but was much , much tougher.
Right now I can hear the Call of the Camino and I expect April will find me in St Jean Pied de Port with a rucksack on my back.
Cheers
Derek.

Yes indeed that is me.
Great to see Kepa is doing so well. I remember when my daughter was his age or a bit older how she could remember
when she was I baby and I was almost convinced she would never forget, it's such a pity the do not remember.
I continue to be very fortunate, the Camino was a great experience for me, I ended up walking with Emily and Helen,the two young Aussie girls. For many years in the seventies and eighties I drove young Australians on camping tours around Europe, Russia and Asia so I could relate really well to them and I realised I could still do the things I was doing 40 years ago and I have since spent a ski season in Chamonix driving transfer buses and in the summer driving a bus around Europe for Top Deck on the same tours I did 40 years ago!!
I also walked the Camino di Assisi which I thought would be A gentle stroll through Tuscany after the Camino but was much , much tougher.
Right now I can hear the Call of the Camino and I expect April will find me in St Jean Pied de Port with a rucksack on my back.
Cheers
Derek.
Really warmed my heart to find this today (sorry for the delay). My wife and I really enjoyed reading this message and hearing the camino's effects on you.

Kepa is doing well and still seems to remember the camino----walks around with his cane whenever he sees pictures of the camino, gets happy whenever he sees pictures or we watch a movie with peregrinos, etc----but I am sure it is fading, and know it will eventually disappear. But I do think his happy-go-lucky personality was greatly augmented by the camino. I'm attaching a more recent picture below.

Chamonix is a beautiful place (though, sadly, it has lost a lot of its French culture). What an amazing experience for you.

Pass along hellos to the Aussie girls, we remember them well and fondly (as we do you).

With Kepa too old to carry and too young to walk, we don't plan on a camino again as soon as you do. But we plan to do the Norte as soon as he is old enough, and my wife and I hope to one day do the Frances beginning in Paris. The biggest obstacle for that will be finding a way from Paris to Le Puy (the Paris route follows the coast).

15831281083_9e47fd5661.jpg

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Camino Mozarabe...a route that is not that well trodden, but is massively under estimated (in Marks humble opinion ). Mark went out to Malaga earlier this year and managed to get a walk from the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back