• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Webster The Patogrino Prepares for his First Camino

MainelyStina

Chronic Overpacker
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances from SJPP Starting Aug 21, 2023
Quack quack, Forum Friends! Just wanted to swim on by to say hi! My name is Webster, and I’m a Patogrino! My buddy Stina and I have been traveling together for almost 30 years! But I’m really excited for my next adventure. Stina and I are going to the Camino Frances! I don’t actually know what that is, but she says it’ll be great? We leave in 10 days, and I’m already packed. After a lot of internet searching, I went with the .05L Captain America backpack. Some might think that’s too big for a patogrino of my stature, but it’s the right size to hold the really important stuff - including my rain jacket and galoshes, and a couple of rocks. They’re kinda heavy, and I don’t know why I have to carry them, but Stina says it’s my most important job! I’m really looking forward to all the quackalicious snacks and seeing some neat places. I hope I get to meet some of you along the way - if you see me chilling on Stina’s pack - I hope you say hi! 👋🐥

Quacky Camino!

Patogrino Webster

Attachments

• IMG_1648.jpeg
    IMG_1648.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,499
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
OMG, A PATOGRINO 🤩 I love it! Hope both of you have a quacking time on camino!
(For a moment I thought you were walking with a pet duck, like some people walk with dogs or donkeys...)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The 0.05 litre Captain America backpack? Excellent choice!

Webster, you appear to be well prepared for your first Camino. I guess that you and Stina learnt some basic vocabulary that is useful to know for exchanging greetings in Spain, like hola for hello and cua cua for quack quack?

Buen Camino to Peregrina Stina and Patogrino Webster! 😍

The 0.05 litre Captain America backpack? Excellent choice!

Webster, you appear to be well prepared for your first Camino. I guess that you and Stina learnt some basic vocabulary that is useful to know for exchanging greetings in Spain, like hola for hello and cua cua for quack quack?

Buen Camino to Peregrina Stina and Patogrino Webster! 😍
Hola, @Kathar1na! Thanks for the help! Stina had forgotten most of her high school Spanish, so she's been studying, but my plan is mostly just to rely on the kindness of strangers to throw crackers at me because I'm so adorable! 🦆

Cua cua!

Webster

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.