• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Well that was fast - Starting May 17th

Camino@robbie

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2018 Camino Frances
Watched my first YouTube video on the Camino de Santiago right around Christmas. Thanks Efren for getting me hooked with your awesome channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrenglez1

Since then I have been watching more videos, reading books and blogs. And of course, I have been researching everything Camino on this great website. In my life, I never would have thought I would do so many searches about Blisters, Bed Bugs, Café Con Leche and Wool clothing. BTW - Wool socks, where have you been my whole life? I am now totally hooked, and will be wearing them from now on.

Just last week I booked flights and I am scheduled to arrive on May 17th and will depart on June 9th. All in all I will have 21 full days on the Camino, and cannot wait. Work and personal items have made it so I can only get 21 days, but hey, I can't complain, and have made peace with not being able to do the entire journey.

Still trying to decide on what part I am going to do. Initially my thought were to start in SJPDP and go until around Logrono. Then transfer onward by Train or Bus maybe to Astorga and finish up in Santiago. Just didn't seem right to not start in SJPDP. But after reading a number of posts about it, I am thinking the best idea would be to actually start in Burgos so I can experience a true Pilgrimage. I do want to arrive in Santiago, as I do not know if I will ever get back.

Thanks to everyone for their great insight on this forum. It is truly a great place to interact with others that share this same passion called the Camino de Santiago!!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The prize is in the doing, Robbie. I agree about Erfren's vlogs. I have posted the series here as they offer, "on the Camino," information in many aspects.

Welcome to the World of the Camino.

Welcome aboard, your first post! Oh my, another caminante with flight tickets on hand, and here I sit waiting, waiting, waiting, but I hope to purchase my tickets soon, after I take care of some business, to be on the camino by May. Good luck with your planning and execution, you are going to have FUN, you are going to love YOUR camino. Buena suerte, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
¡Buen camino!

I think the Burgos-Santiago plan is a good one as you can get into the rhythm of the walk and the spirit of the camino without breaking it up in the middle. That way you can also come back and do SJPdP-Burgos another time (you never know!).

Watched my first YouTube video on the Camino de Santiago right around Christmas. Thanks Efren for getting me hooked with your awesome channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrenglez1

Since then I have been watching more videos, reading books and blogs. And of course, I have been researching everything Camino on this great website. In my life, I never would have thought I would do so many searches about Blisters, Bed Bugs, Café Con Leche and Wool clothing. BTW - Wool socks, where have you been my whole life? I am now totally hooked, and will be wearing them from now on.

Just last week I booked flights and I am scheduled to arrive on May 17th and will depart on June 9th. All in all I will have 21 full days on the Camino, and cannot wait. Work and personal items have made it so I can only get 21 days, but hey, I can't complain, and have made peace with not being able to do the entire journey.

Still trying to decide on what part I am going to do. Initially my thought were to start in SJPDP and go until around Logrono. Then transfer onward by Train or Bus maybe to Astorga and finish up in Santiago. Just didn't seem right to not start in SJPDP. But after reading a number of posts about it, I am thinking the best idea would be to actually start in Burgos so I can experience a true Pilgrimage. I do want to arrive in Santiago, as I do not know if I will ever get back.

Thanks to everyone for their great insight on this forum. It is truly a great place to interact with others that share this same passion called the Camino de Santiago!!

If you haven't already done so, check out John Sikora's YouTube "Camino de Santiago by GoPro" Camino video series. It's a nice, almost real time, time-lapse video Camino where he starts in SJPdP (via the Valcarlos Route), and covers every stage to Santiago de Compostela. It provides a great overview of the stages, and it also starts each segment by showing a Google maps overview of what will be shown while he's walking.

As much as I like Efren's video series, Sikora's has its own appeal and, to me, both of these series nicely compliment each other. :)

If you haven't already done so, check out John Sikora's YouTube "Camino de Santiago by GoPro" Camino video series. It's a nice, almost real time, time-lapse video Camino where he starts in SJPdP (via the Valcarlos Route), and covers every stage to Santiago de Compostela. It provides a great overview of the stages, and it also starts each segment by showing a Google maps overview of what will be shown while he's walking.

As much as I like Efren's video series, Sikora's has its own appeal and, to me, both of these series nicely compliment each other. :)

Wow thanks for letting me know about John Sikora’s channel. I will most likely get lost in that for a few days.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.