• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

West Australian Camino meeting

camino07

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances x5, Portuguese VdlP12, Sanabres, Aragones, Norte,Salvador,Primitivo, VdlP 17,Madrid18Norte
We thought we would start up our monthly get together to see how it goes.
Next Sunday, 30th August at Bennys Cafe,South Terrace in Fremantle. If you feel like joining us,welcome. 9am onwards.
This is a change of venue from Botanicals cafe at Kings Park which is very busy and noisy at present.
Casual coffee/breakfast chat about Caminos past and future.
Cheers
Heather

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I'd come but (a) WA won't let me in and (b) too expensive! But have fun. Will be thinking of you from here on the east coast. I think our Blue Mountains group is still proposing a five day training walk in September, which I'm thinking of doing. I have in the past and it was great.

I'd come but (a) WA won't let me in and (b) too expensive! But have fun. Will be thinking of you from here on the east coast. I think our Blue Mountains group is still proposing a five day training walk in September, which I'm thinking of doing. I have in the past and it was great.
Hi kanga, if this is a go, please put it up on the forum.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Heather, we've been planning on going to the coffee meet at Botanicals but haven't made it yet. Fremantle would have been good but we are on a WA road trip right now. Hiking in Karijini was spectacular but doesn't really replace the Camino we had booked for August this year. We'll come along to your next get together in September.☕🚶🚶‍♀️ Michelle

I am from Perth and would love to join in but I live in Norwich in the UK... Bummer. Enjoy!
That said there are some tempting opportunities to Portugal at the mo from here.

We thought we would start up our monthly get together to see how it goes.
Next Sunday, 30th August at Bennys Cafe,South Terrace in Fremantle. If you feel like joining us,welcome. 9am onwards.
This is a change of venue from Botanicals cafe at Kings Park which is very busy and noisy at present.
Casual coffee/breakfast chat about Caminos past and future.
Cheers
Heather
Given half a chance would be there in a flash, pity I'm the other side of the Nullabor.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
All of you covid free West Aussies,our next get together will be on Sunday 27th September at Benny's cafe, Fremantle. Look forward to welcoming you from 9am . Plenty to see in Fremantle afterwards too.👣

Hope you all had a great time. I hope members can sometimes join in the Zoom sessions with Ivar and give us a recap. I think we are all feeling a bit camino starved!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hope you all had a great time. I hope members can sometimes join in the Zoom sessions with Ivar and give us a recap. I think we are all feeling a bit camino starved!
Tried it once, its not for me .Sorry !

If anyone is at a loose end after Christmas we thought we would give the option of meeting up at Benny's in South Terr, Fremantle. Sunday 27th December from 9am. Great to chill after the Biz. Camino fix :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Another month coming to an end. Next WA Camino meeting is Sunday 31st January from 9am at Benny's ,South Terrace, Fremantle. All welcome.

Hi All,
Next West Australian meet up is this Sunday 28th February from 9am at Benny's café, South Terr in Fremantle. Can't believe how fast these months are passing . All welcome .

Hi All,
Next West Australian meet up is this Sunday 28th February from 9am at Benny's café, South Terr in Fremantle. Can't believe how fast these months are passing . All welcome .
I keep missing these meetings. Unfortunately (!!!) this time I’m in Coral Bay 😡

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Another month closer to getting back on the Camino.
Next Camino meeting is back to Kings park ,Botanicals café on Sunday 28th March from 9am.
Hope some of you North of the river folks can make it. Look forward to catching up with anyone interested in Camino chat.

Another month closer to getting back on the Camino.
Next Camino meeting is back to Kings park ,Botanicals café on Sunday 28th March from 9am.
Hope some of you North of the river folks can make it. Look forward to catching up with anyone interested in Camino chat.
Just another reminder that we have changed venues as above for this Sunday

Next Sunday's meeting is back at Benny's café in Fremantle. We can see the ANZAC day march walking past. Look forward to catching up from 9am as usual.

Unfortunately we had to cancel last month's meeting due to our little lockdown.
Sunday 30th May is our next date back at Kings Park, Botanicals café from 9am.
We can't get out of the country until 2022 now so it would great to have a good crowd to Camino chat to.
All welcome.

West Australian Pilgrims : Just a reminder that next Sunday 27th June, our catch up is back at Benny's cafe , South Terr, Fremantle.
9am as usual. All welcome.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
West Australian Pilgrims : Just a reminder that next Sunday 27th June, our catch up is back at Benny's cafe , South Terr, Fremantle.
9am as usual. All welcome.
One of these days we will be in synch, @camino07! I'm driving to Perth next weekend (July 2nd) for a medical appointment....and I'm really missing camino chat.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Another month nearer to our next Camino.
Next WA Camino meeting is on 25th July, St James Day. At Benny's café in Fremantle 9am
Welcome to all.

Time for our next Camino get together at Benny's ,Fremantle as usual next Sunday 29th August 9am.
Look forward to seeing you all.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Another month has passed so quickly. Next WA meeting is on Sunday 26th at Benny's, Fremantle 9am
Another month closer to us getting back to Spain next year.
Thinking of you all in NSW and Victoria and sending love.

West Australian living in the UK, can't make your meeting but I am flying to Porto next w/e, to fill in some gaps along the Spiritual Way with my partner, then the English Way with some yankee friends trying out their first camino. Finishing with a stroll out to Finesterre and Muxia again by myself before the winter sets in.
You guys might be getting a chance to cross your own borders again soon...
Buen Camino

Hello WA Camino walkers.
Australian author Maureen Cashman’s years living in a village on the Chemin de Saint-Jacques in France, and walking the Camino in France and Spain, inspired the setting for her intriguing new novel The Roland Medals. Camino walkers will love visiting and revisiting iconic places in this ‘mystery with history’.

In 1593, a wandering monk, Carmelo, creates a series of medals featuring Roland, celebrated in the medieval epic poem, ‘The Song of Roland’. In 2012, Armi, a young Finnish Border Guard, flees a murderous partner and sets out to walk the Camino.

Although separated by five centuries, their journeys and stories, and the mystery that connects them, converge at a ruined monastery on the Camino de Invierno near Las Médulas.

If you enjoy mysteries with touches of romance, historical fiction, love Spain and the Camino or just enjoy a great read, this is for you. Sue Farrelly 2021

A gripping and fulfilling read. Cashman has really researched all aspects, both historical and contemporary, to make for a very interesting and compelling story. Her style is clear and easy, allowing the reader to enjoy the richness of the plot, as well as the landscape and people. Once I started reading, I was hooked. I loved this book. Helen on Apple Reader (5 stars) Goodreads

The Roland Medals by Maureen Cashman is available as an e-book and in paperback. See the website
www.maureencashman.com for more information and glowing reviews.
This looks good, great Christmas pressie! Thanks for showcasing it.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Next West Australian meeting is on 31st October at Benny,s ,Fremantle as usual. Halloween but no need to dress up. :)

Can't believe how quickly this year has gone. Time for our WA, November meet up next Sunday 28th at Bennys as usual from 9am. All welcome.

Hi all,
Our first meeting for 2022 is at Benny's Café Fremantle on Sunday 30th January at 9am.
Proof of double vaccinations is now required. Looking forward to catching up.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Sunday 27th February is our next breakfast get together at the friendly Benny's Café as usual.
Anyone interested in any Camino are very welcome.
WA borders open on 3rd March so we can all start planning again.:D

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
WA meeting on again at Benny's café ,Fremantle next Sunday 27th March at 9am onward.
Vacs and masks required.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back