• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What an exciting time to be a pilgrim!!

GaTeach

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP to SdC 2017,
Considering same route in 24
I was walking around my town last night, trying to get those steps in, and I was thinking about how exciting it is to be a part of the resurgence of the Camino! The parallels with the Middle Ages are so vivid in my mind. This resurgence will be a tale of history one day and I was part of it!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Indeed! Time to go from merely 'considering' a Camino and commit! Show up with an attitude of gratitude and show some love every single day, blisters be damned.

There is no end of words spilt on the idea that the Camino was so much better in [insert favorite pilgrimage year from 800 A.D. to slightly before present]. My advice is to be grateful for what our forebears have given us, appreciate what is there today, and be thankful for what you carry with you from pilgrimages past. IMHO, if you are doing it right then you should see yourself as a pilgrim for life, even if you do not set foot on the Camino again (but I pray that you do!).

I was walking around my town last night, trying to get those steps in, and I was thinking about how exciting it is to be a part of the resurgence of the Camino! The parallels with the Middle Ages are so vivid in my mind. This resurgence will be a tale of history one day and I was part of it!
Indeed, this is a good time to explore the northern hemisphere while it is still here.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I love this take on it. Yes, it is sometimes crowded. But we have the privilege of being part of something that has gone on for over 1,000 years. How wonderful is that? There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about the Camino, either about the people I met, the beauty I saw, or about planning for my next Camino. I feel blessed.

As I get older I appreciate that the best time to go anywhere was a few years ago. Carpe donut and all that.

Parallels with the Middle Ages? Seriously? In the UK we’ve got diseases once eradicated which have resurfaced; violent deaths caused by bladed weapons are on the increase; we have overt religiously-motivated protest; money and power is increasingly concentrated in a small minority.

You may have a point.

Most read last week in this forum

In the Guardian. Interesting "Letters to the Editor..." https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2024/apr/18/a-modern-pilgrimages-transformative-power?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.