• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Where to stay an extra day

Time of past OR future Camino
April 25, 2016
we are in Pamplona today and we would like to take a rest day in a few days. We were considering Estella but we aren't sure yet. If you were going to stay two nights somewhere between Pamplona and Logrono, where would you stay?

Also - any suggestions for a 2 night stay in other parts of the Camino?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Estella is a good place for a rest day, other places are Burgos and Leon.

We're on the Camino now and enjoyed rest days in Pamplona, Logrono, Leon. We also stopped in Burgos but it was too wet to enjoy. We wouldn't choose Estella. Keep your options open and allow the weather to be a guide. Most places are nice on a sunny day

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I would just stay two nights in Logrono.
None of the other little towns in between have the exploring potential.

Go to Logrono if your feet will carry you that far before taking a rest. Lots to see, places to eat and to rest up. Did it last time out and may be doing it again this time.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Astorga and Ponferrada are my favourite places too.

We took 2 rest days . Burgos and Sarria (where we were meeting up for someone to join us walking the last 100 KM ) I actually enjoyed and needed the rest day in Burgos, however got a bit antsy in Sarria This year I will only walk 2 weeks and will take no rest day but a few shorter days. Now to answer your question. I enjoyed Logrono. Nice town. Further into your walk, Burgos, Leon and Astorga.

Most read last week in this forum