• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to stay in O Cebreiro

Time of past OR future Camino
I’m coming from NZ in April, starting in Leon and walking on my own. It’s getting close and after all the planning and waiting I’m getting excited.For a variety of reasons I’m staying in single rooms. I’m looking for somewhere to stay when I get to O Cebreiro but it looks like most places are in different nearby towns. I see it only has a population of 50. Are there places to stay there?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Check this list gronze with many places to stay in O Cebreiro

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hello 👋. Former Aucklander here. I walked into O Cebreiro last November and it was incredibly quaint. We opted to stay just before O Ceb in La Laguna and it was lovely. Others stayed in O Cebreiro in private rooms and the buoyed that too.

In 2017 we stayed in Casa (Meson ) Anton. Had a nice little room with private bathroom. The rooms are above the bar/restaurant and ours was comfortable and quiet.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I’m coming from NZ in April, starting in Leon and walking on my own. It’s getting close and after all the planning and waiting I’m getting excited.For a variety of reasons I’m staying in single rooms. I’m looking for somewhere to stay when I get to O Cebreiro but it looks like most places are in different nearby towns. I see it only has a population of 50. Are there places to stay there?
Hi Dianne,
A few years ago, I stayed at the Albergue O'Cebreiro. There's also Casa Carolo, Casa Valina and Casa Frade, each of which might have single rooms. Reservations are recommended in the summer. Pedrafita O Cebreiro (4.5 km off route) also has accomodation.

I have stayed at Casa Frade which is nice and quaint although difficult to book. It has perhaps 4 rooms and is managed by an older woman who is not always there. My last journey through O Cebriero, I knocked on their door in a driving snow without any luck. I then went into Meson Venta Celta for a beer and a bite - they had no rooms available. However, they were good enough to make a phone call and got me a very nice single room just 20 yards away from their front door. There was no name on the establishment but it was warm, private and close by. Perhaps you can contact Venta Celta.

We have stayed at the Casa Navarro (link listed above) twice and would stay there again. Lovely room and functional heaters that they aren't shy about running in October and May. Very nice place for a beer, but we ate across the way at Casa O Cebreiro, so I can't comment upon the food. The Caldo Gallego across the way was EXCELLENT!

Buen Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I enjoyed my stay at Casa Carolo (+34 982 367 168). Wonderful private accommodations. Great restaurant. Amazing vistas of the distant mountains.

There are so many now! On my first Camino, all there was was Hospedería de San Giraldo de Aurillac, which was full but they let me put my sleeping bag down in front of the fireplace. I heard that they sometimes let pilgrims sleep in the pallozas, too. Now Gronze lists two albergues and seven other places (none of which seem to be San Giraldo :-().

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
They did the following year. I had forgotten that but re-read my 1990 diary recently and saw that I shared the palloza with two Dutch pilgrims. Sleeping on straw and lit by candles. Perhaps not the safest of combinations!
But probably the closest you'll get to the medieval pilgrim experience. :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I was there in October and stayed in Casa Campelo Hostel. They have a variety of room types to include private and a bunk in a shared room. Very nice host and right in the middle of the village. Buen Camino

We have had reservations in various places! It really depends when you are there and on what you are looking for? The town itself can be packed with pilgrims and is usually quite busy and waiting to be served can get tedious.
Hi Dianne,
A few years ago, I stayed at the Albergue O'Cebreiro. There's also Casa Carolo, Casa Valina and Casa Frade, each of which might have single rooms. Reservations are recommended in the summer. Pedrafita O Cebreiro (4.5 km off route) also has accomodation.
@Anniesantiago mentioned staying at Albergue la Escuela in Laguna. It is about a 35-45 minute climb up from there to OCebreiro. Has bunks. Easy to get food at. Clean.

We often go down by taxi €10 each way to Pedrafita.
Casa Pazos, in Pedrafita do Cebreiro is where we usually stay. It has separate rooms with private or shared bathrooms and very reasonable rates. It’s very clean and has an elevator, tv. There is a cafe/ restaurant where we enjoyed the food without the masses. https://www.casapazos.com/.

There are other accommodations in Pedrafita as well with good ratings.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you so much fellow pilgrims. I was really impressed with your prompt and helpful suggestions and have messaged some places. All the ones on Booking.com say they’re full.

Thank you so much fellow pilgrims. I was really impressed with your prompt and helpful suggestions and have messaged some places. All the ones on Booking.com say they’re full.
A lot of places are always fully booked with Booking.com. These places want you call them and make the reservations directly. Some also want you to confirm reservation day before or morning of your reservation. Casa Carolo was very understanding seeing that I am a solo old pilgrim with physical challenges. I could almost swear, they gathered their friends to applaud me in my efforts when I walked in in the restaurant for dinner. They all left soon while I was having dinner. That was the fourth or fifth time it happened during my Camino 2023 . Buen Camino.

Last edited:
This past July we stayed at Casa Navarro. Walked into the bar and secured a room with 2 beds and a private bathroom. 50 or so euros. We ate at Casa Carolo, warm and inviting atmosphere

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
My wife and I stayed twice at Casa Rural Navarro. Cute and comfortable place. Private double room, with private bath. Comfortable and quiet, with good heat and fantastic view of the village from the window. Breakfast excluded but nearby options available. Only 40 Euros (2021, 2019). Only a few rooms, so reserve room in advance. We reserved months in advance via their email: Info@casaturismoruralnavarro.com. Bob

I seem to remember there being quite a few private places to stay. I stayed at a nice place called Hostal-Meson Vilasante. I found it on Booking.com. It was a single room with a shared bath but I rarely had to wait to use the bath. Close to the church, which is the town center for this tiny town. According to my records, it was about $37 USD in June 2022.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We tried to book a private room in O Cebreiro but most of the places weren’t answering our repeated emails or were fully booked. We contacted Casa Carolo by phone and they booked us a room. We had a very nice stay there. I feel comfortable recommending it.

I have stayed at Casa Frade which is nice and quaint although difficult to book. It has perhaps 4 rooms and is managed by an older woman who is not always there. My last journey through O Cebriero, I knocked on their door in a driving snow without any luck. I then went into Meson Venta Celta for a beer and a bite - they had no rooms available. However, they were good enough to make a phone call and got me a very nice single room just 20 yards away from their front door. There was no name on the establishment but it was warm, private and close by. Perhaps you can contact Venta Celta.
I stayed there last year as well. I had a beautiful room with a gorgeous view of the funky tienda and valley beyond. Bookable on booking.com.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello 👋. Former Aucklander here. I walked into O Cebreiro last November and it was incredibly quaint. We opted to stay just before O Ceb in La Laguna and it was lovely. Others stayed in O Cebreiro in private rooms and the buoyed that too.
I would second la laguna - albergue la escuela. Friendly owners. Very small place but so peaceful with beautiful views of the mountains. One of my favourite places on the camino frances.IMG_20230622_153853.jpg

My husband and I are starting our Camino from Leon the first Monday in April. Maybe we’ll see you on the trail! Buen Camino!!
My husband and I will also begin our first Camino on March 31st, Sunday from Leon. I am sure we will see you on the trail! Buen Camino!!

My choice is at La Faba just before O’ceberio. Quiet and well run. The you can see O’ceberio the next morning for breakfast and walk on down to Triacasta.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I enjoyed my stay at Casa Carolo (+34 982 367 168). Wonderful private accommodations. Great restaurant. Amazing vistas of the distant mountains.
Agreed. Greatly enjoyed the comfort, hospitality and food at Casa Carolo.

I have only stayed overnight in O Cebreiro once and it was at the huge muni. After being checked in, I never saw a hospi. The bathrooms were not very clean and I chose not to look at the showers downstairs after hearing a bad report and also that the water was cold. That was in 2017, so things may have improved. Complaint aside, the price was right and I got what I paid for.

I have only stayed overnight in O Cebreiro once and it was at the huge muni. After being checked in, I never saw a hospi.
The Xunta albergues don't have hospitaleros like many other albergues. They are staffed by municipal employees who are just there during check in time. I presume that they also come back in the mornings to clean up.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The Xunta albergues don't have hospitaleros like many other albergues. They are staffed by municipal employees who are just there during check in time. I presume that they also come back in the mornings to clean up.
Well, with 104 beds and possibly only one paid staff worker, I can see why it was not cleaned up very well when I stayed.

The muni is ok, it was clean enough for me, they have underfloor heating, useful in winter, it doesn't take reservations and it's cheap. The private hostels are often full and they're controlled by the same extended family that runs O Ceb. I arrived there one night, the muni was closed and the privados didn't give a hoot, so I slept in the ample and comfortable church porch. I had all the gear, but they didn't know that, not did they care. Galicia. Give me the meseta any time.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back