A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Which Camino???

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2011 Camino Frances 2016
Thank you to Ivar and all of you that comments on this forum. Your stories are truly inspiring and the info great. One question: I have walked the Camino Frances and absolutely fell in love with the whole experience. I would like some advice or thoughts on a second Camino. I loved the CF so much that I would not mind doing it again but being 62 does not leave enough time for all the pilgrimages of the world. Any ideas on the best second Camino to choose. I know it is a personal thing but would still like to hear your thoughts. Warm South African wishes Irma Venter

Karl Oz

Camino(s) past & future
Frances
Portuguese
Piamonte
Aragones
Elizabethpfad
I walked from Porto to Santiago last September. Quite different to the CF, inasmuch as it was more urbanised, and very hard underfoot in some stretches. But nonetheless enjoyable. I have chosen to leg it along the Aragones this July, and I am anticipating relative solitude, tranquility and a terrific time. Maybe print a Camino routes map, and stick a pin in it!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2011 Camino Frances 2016
Thanks you I like the idea of the pin and the map - definitely going to try it Enjoy the Aragones and let us know your thoughts

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015)
Camino del Norte Irun to Ribadasella (2016)
Camino Primitivo Oviedo to Santiago (2016)
Thank you to Ivar and all of you that comments on this forum. Your stories are truly inspiring and the info great. One question: I have walked the Camino Frances and absolutely fell in love with the whole experience. I would like some advice or thoughts on a second Camino. I loved the CF so much that I would not mind doing it again but being 62 does not leave enough time for all the pilgrimages of the world. Any ideas on the best second Camino to choose. I know it is a personal thing but would still like to hear your thoughts. Warm South African wishes Irma Venter

I have walked the Camino Francés. My second Camino with my husband was Camino del Norte. It was stunningly beautiful! We switched to the Camino Primitivo at Oviedo and while missing the ocean at first, came to love its rugged off road beauty. Other pilgrims would have more experience with many Caminos, but I am glad of our choice. We were 63 when we walked. Buen Camino! Whatever you choose.

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%