• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

WOW Air

CWBuff

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances & Finisterre 05-07/22 Fran 26? d Nort 27?
Apparently WOW AIR - an Iselanding budget airline - abruptly cancelled all their flights and ceased their operation in the middle of the night
Plenty of news links all over the Internet
If you have booked a ticket with them for your Camino, probably should start looking at the alternatives

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
WOW Air just went out of business guys! CNN Link for you to read, and attached to the post is the WOW air announcement to passengers. If you've booked a flight with them, contact your travel insurance company immediately! I already have (I booked my insurance with Allianz--make sure you read the fine print of your policy, I had to read that information to the customer service rep to prove I was covered and get a claim started). I was supposed to fly WOW air in 45 days to start my trip, so now I'm scrambling to book a new flight and get reimbursed.

Attachments

• Information to passengers 28032019.pdf
    122.1 KB · Views: 8
The budget Icelandic airline went belly-up yesterday.
If you're holding a ticket no doubt you know this, and may be stuck and wondering what to do.
Here is their official notice with a little information about what to do next. I hope you get either to the Camino or back home as soon as possible, and without having to pay an arm and a leg.

And it's an object lesson for for the rest of us who may be tempted to buy a super-cheap ticket on a budget carrier that's operating on the fiscal edge of sustainability. There is a risk.

(Edited to add the hyperlink, which I had forgotten...)

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I fly a lot for work (maybe too much!) and Wow air use to always come up lots in my searches on Google flights and Skyscanner, offering very cheap fares. Once you start adding on baggage and other fees, they often ended up being more expensive than 'full service' airlines, so I use to just instantly dismiss them.

They are not the first, and won't be the last cheap airline to fail. Hopefully the staff can find alternative employment.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

For those who might want to transport a bag, here are the envelopes of two companies. The envelopes can be found at most places to stay along the Camino. Fill out the info and slip the money in...
Flying to MAD from the US. After I clear customs, can I remain airside to get to my connecting flight to SdC or do I have to exit to groundside and go back through security in the Domestic...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
Hi! I plan to go on El Camino Portugues starting in Vigo this summer, and after, I am going to explore Europe. I need a suitcase for my trip after El Camino, and I have been struggling to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back