• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Wright socks ( almost)

auburnfive

Veteran Member
Socks are a very individual choice, but some folks ( myself included) swear by WrightSocks
I recently discovered that Marks carries a house brand ( wind river) that seem identical, but about half the price.

IMG_1551.png

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Swear by my WrightSocks as the outer layer to my Injinji toe socks. Not familiar with this brand, but the price on the sight ($9.09 on sale from 12.99) is not much cheaper than the $14-15 for the Wrightsocks at full price at REI (10% less with a purchase of 3).

Let us know if you pursue these socks!

Swear by my WrightSocks as the outer layer to my Injinji toe socks. Not familiar with this brand, but the price on the sight ($9.09 on sale from 12.99) is not much cheaper than the $14-15 for the Wrightsocks at full price at REI (10% less with a purchase of 3).
Since it's a Canadian site I'm assuming that the price is in Canadian $$, which would be about $6.75 US.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Wrightsocks are always my go to for my caminos - they are double layered and I never had a blister wearing them. I just bought another three pair for my April journey. They run about $22-$25 USD each on their website

The one I used, which guarantees no blister, has a Camino logo. It worked!

I am a Wrightsocks believer. I used two models on my Camino in 2014, shifting to the slightly thinner pair on hot days.

I did get blisters while wearing them on the Meseta. But I believe that a major factor was that I did three long days in a row of over 30 km in wet conditions (one day I was over my ankles in mud). Moisture from sweat, rain and damp socks (and thus skin maceration) was also likely a factor. Other than that one unusual scenario, I have had great results from them.

A minor issue I had with Wrightsocks is that, because of the double layer, they could be difficult to get dry after hand-washing. Pinning them to my pack to dry, which sounds like a great plan in theory, allowed them to pick up dust and grit -- not ideal. I prefer to line-dry them in the sun, as a stint in a too-hot dryer tends to shrink the wool material and not the liner -- also not ideal. But on the whole, I do like them.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
to de-rail it if only slightly
I was trying to get me couple of new pairs of Injinjii liners (mine are worn out since i initially got them back in 2018) ....and i can only get them on Amazon (US based) and 1 supplier and they want almost $5.00 per PAIR Shipping fee
when i contacted them about shipping 3 pairs in one box and surely that cannot cost $15.00 they told me it was all USPS (which of course is a lie)
Anyone has any ideas on any other possible suppliers?

I was trying to get me couple of new pairs of Injinjii liners (mine are worn out since i initially got them back in 2018) ....and i can only get them on Amazon (US based) and 1 supplier and they want almost $5.00 per PAIR Shipping fee
when i contacted them about shipping 3 pairs in one box and surely that cannot cost $15.00 they told me it was all USPS (which of course is a lie)
REI

Or Injinji

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I had great success with the thicker Wright Socks (with the Camino symbol) on the Camino Frances. No blisters to speak of.

Be careful, though... When I switched to the thinner, synthetic ones that are supposed to keep your feet cool, my feet looked like they had been threw a meat grinder. I know they have the guarantee... It was just too much of a pain to follow through.

I ended up doubling up on the thin, double socks (i.e., four!!! layers).

I had great success with the thicker Wright Socks (with the Camino symbol) on the Camino Frances. No blisters to speak of.

Be careful, though... When I switched to the thinner, synthetic ones that are supposed to keep your feet cool, my feet looked like they had been threw a meat grinder. I know they have the guarantee... It was just too much of a pain to follow through.

I ended up doubling up on the thin, double socks (i.e., four!!! layers).
Whereas the thicker Wright socks (with the Camino symbol, which was why I couldn't resist bringing them) really didn't work for me on my last Camino. They gave me more hot spots than any of the other socks I brought and I ended up wearing them only when doing laundry.

Which just goes to show that what works can vary from person to person and the best thing is to wear whatever you are considering bringing on some nice long walks before you head out and find out if it works for you or not.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Socks are a very individual choice, but some folks ( myself included) swear by WrightSocks
I recently discovered that Marks carries a house brand ( wind river) that seem identical, but about half the price.

View attachment 163114
I walked the CF last year with Wright socks and Darn Tough. Both were comfortable in hot and cold weather. The only downside I found with Wright socks is that they took longer to dry than my wool Darn Tough socks.

I got mine online from REI in 2020

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.