• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Zambujeira do Mar » Odeceixe, section of Fishermen's Trail

FlyingScott

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2023
Hi everyone - maybe a stupid question but can you cross the river close to Praia Odeceixe coming from ZDM and avoid the walk into Odeceixe?
we are staying in Praia Odeceixe and I believe you can cross the river at the beach end at the right tide?
Thanks in advance

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I haven’t been there myself but asked a friend who owns a house in Aljezur and he answered that usually the river in summertime is dry but there always are exceptions
so he advices to cross the river in Odeceixe

from my last year experience in early May, I couldn’t cross by walking. Some sand banks but definitely some water that I couldn’t see the deep.

anyhow, if you end up to be able to cross, the beach is few km from the city center and the Camino. Also depends where your lodging is.

enjoy the long detour and be safe.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi everyone - maybe a stupid question but can you cross the river close to Praia Odeceixe coming from ZDM and avoid the walk into Odeceixe?
we are staying in Praia Odeceixe and I believe you can cross the river at the beach end at the right tide?
Thanks in advance
I did back in april... so definitely possible, tide permitting of course...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back