A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Zubiri accommodations

billmclaughlin

Camino(s) past & future
SJPP/Burgos 2012; Le Puy/SJPP 2013; Aumont Aubrac/Aire sur l'Adour 2014; Burgos/Santiago 2016.
I highly recommend Pension Amets.

4 rooms, each with a pair of twin beds; two full bathrooms; kitchen; living room; washing machine. Two rooms even have a river view.

C/Gerestegi No.25

pensionamets@gmail.com

Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route. 2018 was Camino #14
Ive stayed there twice. It is nice. It's right behind El Palo.

robertt

Special shout-out for the Pension Usoa. Not expensive, great rooms and charming owner. When I stayed, there was a group of older Spanish women having an odd celebration. Because they all shared the same unusual first name (I forget what) they had regular meet-ups in different places. This was Zubiri's turn. No doubt they shared a saint's name day, but they also got together at other times.

Also, the Usoa is right at the Rabies Bridge, so if your dog has been a bit rabid lately...

I think I'll stop now.

judydaisy

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria - Santiago 2004
Roncesvalles - Estella 2009
Camino Ingles - 2012
Tui - Santiago - 2014
Gosh, these sound positively wonderful. I was last in Zubiri in 2005 and stayed in the municipal albergue!!!!!! 5 of us arrived around the same time desperate for the loo, shower etc. The only existing bathroom had a broken loo with no door, 2 filthy showers complete with hair and other unmentionables from previous occupants and a sink still full of dirty water. We continued looking and eventually one of us found the new facilities about 100 yards down the road in a pre-fab by the school gates. They were great but not very user friendly in the middle of the night in pyjamas.
Having said all that, we had a fabulous time there that night. I suppose we were all united in our desire to get on our way the next day; in fact, I seem to remember there was an earlier than usual exit in the morning.
I have met several people since then and Zubiri seems to be a place which has remained in a lot of people's memory. I have taken note of the alternative places to stay so that if I ever do that stretch iof the camino again, I can give the municipal albergue a wide birth.
Buen camino

Olivares

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
May 1997 (Leon to Santiago); Sections Camino Frances: May 2011, May 2012, May 2013, October 2013, June-July 2014 (Sahagun to Santiago).
An option is Hostal Gau Txory http://www.hostalgautxori.com/

Even though it is about a little less than 1 km from the Camino (i.e. from the medieval bridge Puente de la Rabia). The great thing about the Gau Txory is the food; fantastic. It also has a very well shaded pool area.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances: SJPP-Los Arcos (2011), Logrono-Sahagun (2012), Leon-Santiago (2013)
El Palo de Avellano was very nice. Excellent meals, reasonable price, rooms for 8 or so with decent showers, etc. We enjoyed it.

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 37 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 132 15.5%
  • May

Votes: 204 24.0%