• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Yoga Classes

Flowintonature

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi, I am starting to plan my Camino and was wondering if anyone has had much luck finding yoga classes along the Camino? Is it something that is quite common to stumble upon or would I have to go out of my way to find it? Thanks!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I think your best solution would be to do this independently/solo if it is something you wish to do along the way. There will be places in the larger towns/cities, but planning your Camino around these would be a bit disruptive I would guess.

I do recall the odd Albergue mentioning yoga or seeing it mentioned in reviews, but I never saw anything during my CF. I stayed at Casa Verde in Hospital de Orbigo which for example seemed to have yoga classes in the past, but there was no sign of it when I stayed there.

Hi, I am starting to plan my Camino and was wondering if anyone has had much luck finding yoga classes along the Camino? Is it something that is quite common to stumble upon or would I have to go out of my way to find it? Thanks!
In the donativo of Samblismo (Camino Primitivo), my fellow pilgrims had a yoga session. Javier, the kind hospitalero of this donativo provide them with yoga mats, and among us were a yoga coach...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I have not seen yoga classes offered along the Camino Frances, though I would love it if there was. It could be extremely helpful. I've been practicing on my own along the way. During my last camino, I brought along a grippy yoga towel. This time, I just use the bed for reclining poses, and the floor for standing poses. If you would like the guidance of a class, there are plenty of good ones on youtube.
I know it isn't the same sense of community as an in-person class, but it can be quite contemplative, and helps get the knots out from long days of walking.
It also just occurred to me that the yoga sequences I do on the camino are a bit different from what I would typically do at home.
I really tend to spend a lot more time stretching, more time in restorative poses. I don't want to aggravate muscles that may already be getting overused, so my goal is to achieve ease and balance, which may happen more readily through a personal yoga practice where your primary goal in determining which poses or sequences to follow is listening to your own body.

I stayed at Albergue Verde in Hospital de Orbigo and not only did the have a yoga class they also had a massage therapist….very timely!!!buen Camino
When I stayed at Albergue Verde there was a yoga session, but sadly no massage. I think that it depends on who they have working as hospitaleros when you are there, and what their skills are.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Any major city will have yoga studios…just use your web browser to translate the Spanish websites, and you can do a drop in.
I found it interesting that I saw far more Pilates studios than yoga studios…at least that I happened to come across. Check them out if you get bored of yet more Sun salutations.
It might mean hoping a local bus within the town to get to the studio but, imo, a nice way to get off of the “pilgrim track” and see other parts of Spain.

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your feedback, it’s super helpful. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, I’m starting my Camino Frances on May 12. I’ve booked my first night in SJPDP, but I’m starting to worry I need to book more. My plan was to take it day by day and just turn up, but lots...
Hello all. Here to give a brief account of my (and many others) first day on the Camino on May 1. The trip to Roncesvalles was tough. I went Valcarlos route because napoleon was very ill advised...
I am wondering how you disconnect, in part, from the world. I have a couple of reasons that I need to be accessible but, I don't want to be constantly connected on this journey. Ideas?
I struggle with social anxiety and I was wandering if anybody with the same issue had a positive experience on the Camino walking alone. I saw lots of posts and videos people talking about forming...
Money stolen from bag on bed while sleeping. Estelle municipal hostel. Not a big inconvenience as my passport and credit cards were left.
Hello, I have reserved a night in an Albergue and the confirmation says Fecha de entrada: 2024-06-05. In the UK we would write this as 05-06-2024, is that what this means, 5th June 2024, I am...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back