A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Bunk Bed Yoga to Stay Injury-Free on Your Camino

2020 Camino Guides

Elle Bieling

Elle Bieling, PilgrimageTraveler
Camino(s) past & future
A total of eight in the past 6 years!
Hello fellow pilgrimage travelers! Time to re-post my well-loved yoga poses to do on your bed at the end of your Camino day! If you wish to keep injury at bay, doing several of my recommended stretches each day may help you! Yes, I include initial poses in my article that are not done on a bed, but are none-the-less very, very important ankle stretches - an area of the legs that are often overlooked. The ankle/foot stretches will help prevent plantar fasciitis as well! If someone sees you doing strange gyrations on your bunk bed, tell 'em Elle recommends it! If you click on the link, and scroll all the way down the entire article, you will be able to download a FREE eBook, to your device, for reference along the Way. Please share with all your Camino buddies, so you can all join in! May you have a happy, healthy and injury-free Camino! Click here for my gift to you, Pilgrimage Traveler Bunk Bed Yoga eBook.

ankle-dorsiflexion.jpg Knee to Chest Bunk Bed Yoga Pose Wheel Bunk Bed Yoga Pose Eye of the Needle Bunk Bed Yoga Pose

Delphinoula

Camino(s) past & future
Camino PdC 2018 Finisterre Muxía 2018
C Franconia 2019
Camino desde Algeciras Sevillia (2019)
Thank you . Some of them I knew and did because it felt good or my physiotherapist did it with me. Did not k ow it was yoga. Thank you again for sharing I all for stretches before you walk and make yourself long before and after you go to bed.🤸🏼‍♀️

davebugg

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2017)
Camino Frances (2018)
Camino Ingles (2019)
What a wonderful post; thank you :)

I do a modified version and shortened version both at the beginning of the day and at the end. I love the photos to illustrate the positioning of each stretch.

jerbear

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de madrid, camino francis, camino inverino (2012, 2013,2014)
CdM, Francis, San salvador, primativo june 2015 CDM , francis, inverino 2016
Camino madrid, via de Plata. Santiago.
Coast of the dead malpica to muxia
MuchoGras.....namaste

MelissaOb

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances: Astorga to SdC (2019)
Camino Frances (2021)
Thank you so much! I practiced every single day when I walked and have kept them up 🙏

elleley

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (16); Leon-Sarria, Ourense-SdC (17), Burgos-Leon (17), Porto-SdC (18), SalvadorPrimitivo(19)
Hello fellow pilgrimage travelers! Time to re-post my well-loved yoga poses to do on your bed at the end of your Camino day! If you wish to keep injury at bay, doing several of my recommended stretches each day may help you! Yes, I include initial poses in my article that are not done on a bed, but are none-the-less very, very important ankle stretches - an area of the legs that are often overlooked. The ankle/foot stretches will help prevent plantar fasciitis as well! If someone sees you doing strange gyrations on your bunk bed, tell 'em Elle recommends it! If you click on the link, and scroll all the way down the entire article, you will be able to download a FREE eBook, to your device, for reference along the Way. Please share with all your Camino buddies, so you can all join in! May you have a happy, healthy and injury-free Camino! Click here for my gift to you, Pilgrimage Traveler Bunk Bed Yoga eBook.

View attachment 57902 View attachment 57899 View attachment 57900 View attachment 57901
Thank you Elle for posting this and for your valuable e-book! Since I have been doing my daily yoga (on and off the Camino!), my body has been much happier! Also love your blogs! Muchas gracias por todo!
elle

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 47 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 174 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 281 24.2%