• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting from Porto next Sat 29th Aug

ainenistionhain

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria to Finisterre June 2012 SJPP to Santiago June 2012
Female - Walking solo from Porto to Santiago, hoping to meet other peregrinos. Anyone else starting next Sat?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Porto to SdC is a great route. Enjoy it!

Buen camino :)

You will meet other people walking from Porto! Once you get out of Porto, it is a beautiful walk, enjoy it!
Welcome to the Forum and Buen Camino to you.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Female - Walking solo from Porto to Santiago, hoping to meet other peregrinos. Anyone else starting next Sat?
Hi, can't help you there but you will meet lots of other pilgrims along the way. My wife and I will walk this route some time next year. For now I wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

What route will you walk? Inland? Ocean? From the cathedral?

I will be walking next summer (coastal route) please keep in touch and keep me informed as to your progress and what you think, and also things I should know about the route.

Thanks and Buen Camino !

A selection of Camino Jewellery
What route will you walk? Inland? Ocean? From the cathedral?
I have the John Brierley guide to the Camino Portugues, I will be following the route through Vilarinho, Barcelos and Valenca.
Being of the older greyer brigade I plan to pass the suburbs of Porto by Metro and start walking at Maia or Mosteiro. I have walked from SJPdP to Finisterre - loved the journey made special by the wonderful people I met along the way. I hear this route has much fewer pilgrims and got a bout of pre camino jitters. Replies have made me feel connected to the the community of pilgrims all heading to SdC. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Aine

You will meet other people walking from Porto! Once you get out of Porto, it is a beautiful walk, enjoy it!
Welcome to the Forum and Buen Camino to you.
That is what I am hoping for! Thank you for your encouraging message.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Do book to stay a night at Casa Fernanda 20 kms from Barcelos, on the right side of the road. Evening meal and breakfast -donativo- It will be a highlight. Buen Camino.

Do book to stay a night at Casa Fernanda 20 kms from Barcelos, on the right side of the road. Evening meal and breakfast -donativo- It will be a highlight. Buen Camino.
Call Fernanda tel.+351 914 589 521 ahead the day before or the morning you walk towards her .
It can be busy. Fernanda speaks english.
Be prepared to sing at least one song from the country you come from :)

Enjoy your stay. I am looking forward to stay with her and her familiy next year to be hospitaleiro again.

Bom caminho

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Call Fernanda tel.+351 914 589 521 ahead the day before or the morning you walk towards her .
It can be busy. Fernanda speaks english.
Be prepared to sing at least one song from the country you come from :)

Enjoy your stay. I am looking forward to stay with her and her familiy next year to be hospitaleiro again.

Bom caminho
Do I really have to sing? They would chase me out! I look forward to Meeting Fernanda . Will let you know how I get on.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have the John Brierley guide to the Camino Portugues, I will be following the route through Vilarinho, Barcelos and Valenca.
Being of the older greyer brigade I plan to pass the suburbs of Porto by Metro and start walking at Maia or Mosteiro. I have walked from SJPdP to Finisterre - loved the journey made special by the wonderful people I met along the way. I hear this route has much fewer pilgrims and got a bout of pre camino jitters. Replies have made me feel connected to the the community of pilgrims all heading to SdC. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Aine
Hi There! I will be starting on Monday 31 Aug from Porto. I will walk only the first leg of the coastal to Vila do Conde, then swing in to the Interior route the rest of the way. I'm already nervous. I hope to see you Aine!

Hi There! I will be starting on Monday 31 Aug from Porto. I will walk only the first leg of the coastal to Vila do Conde, then swing in to the Interior route the rest of the way. I'm already nervous. I hope to see you Aine!
No need to be nervous Kylie. Just take your first step and copy that one million times or so ,follow the yellow waymarkers and after some time you will be in Santiago.

Are you walking the interior route or the central route ? That makes a lot of a difference. From the coastal to the interior is quite a detour.the coastal is easy to connect with the central route to Barcelos and casa Fernanda.
Bom caminho. Goede reis.

Do I really have to sing? They would chase me out! I look forward to Meeting Fernanda . Will let you know how I get on
Yes ! Watch my vid at the end :)
When I am singing, the neighbours put their dustbins outside, thinking the dustman is coming :D.
Looking forward for your experiences .
Bom camin

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Albertinho! That is a wonderful video, makes me excited to be heading off to walk the same route.
Casa Fernanda looks lively and happy, you can sing!
Aine

Hope we meet up along the way, KylieM, it feels great to hear of someone walking the same time as me and also feeling nervous. I get the less nervous as the comments, suggestions and Buen Camino appear on screen. I feel part of the camino community, thank you all for your support. Aine

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Arrived in Porto, beautiful city, I'm ready to walk! All my anxiety has disappeared. I was to the Cathedral for a carimbo. Everything that sounded challenging has been easy. Thank you all for your support. Aine

Thanks to everyone who encouraged me before I started the Camino Portuguese from Porto. I was surprised by my anxiety and resistance to starting. I was afraid I would be isolated, there would be few or no pilgrims, that the way would be too urban. All the negative things.
You told me that it would be a beautiful walk, that I would meet people and would have fun. That is a pale description of the lovely walk, the fantastic people, the kindness and fun along the way. I didn't get to Fernanda's as it was only 9 in the morning, but there was a similar evening at Portela.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my 'cry for reassurance'.
Aine

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
And now to start planning the next one.....!

You told me that it would be a beautiful walk, that I would meet people and would have fun. That is a pale description of the lovely walk, the fantastic people, the kindness and fun along the way.
Congratulations! It went very well for you from your description.

Most read last week in this forum

My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.
We arrived in Porto by train from Lisbon yesterday afternoon. Long haul from Australia via Singapore, Milan and Madrid departed April 23. Our first encounter with other pilgrams was when 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back