• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

182 days countdown to my Camino 2017

IngridF

Intrepid Peregrina
Time of past OR future Camino
2012, 2015 ,2017, 2019
Hi everyone, just bursting with excitement..:)... This time I will start in Lourdes (with Sylvia Nilsen's Tour group - a first for me to join an organized group). 3 days out of Lourdes we will cross the Somport Pass and follow the C. Aragones till Puenta de la Reina/Pamplona, when the group disbands and I begin my Solo Camino.

I will be, as last year, utilize my 90 days Canadian privilege of being able to spend time in Spain without a visa and fill my days with walking and volunteering. I will let the Camino decide, it always works best that way.

What I do know is that I will welcome pilgrims at the Pilgrims office in Santiago from July 1 - 15. I am so excited, I have wanted to do this last year and now I just got the official word.

Somewhere before I head back home late August, I will walk the Camino Primitivo, something that I wanted to do last year, but the weather had turned and I went to Valencia instead... no regrets.. I had a fabulous time.

For now, I am just doing my happy dance! :D

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
@IngridF
I walked from Oloron Ste Marie to Santiago via the Somport Pass and Camino Aragones this fall. It was a wonderful walk, moderately difficult to Puenta la Reina. I am sure that you will have a great time and enjoy the scenery. Buen camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi, Ingrid,
I'm very happy for you and can share your enthusiasm :)
If I'll be (for many different reasons) able to walk any of Caminos next summer it would be nice to meet you again!
Until then you just do that happy dance :D

Hi everyone, just bursting with excitement..:)... This time I will start in Lourdes (with Sylvia Nilsen's Tour group - a first for me to join an organized group). 3 days out of Lourdes we will cross the Somport Pass and follow the C. Aragones till Puenta de la Reina/Pamplona, when the group disbands and I begin my Solo Camino.

I will be, as last year, utilize my 90 days Canadian privilege of being able to spend time in Spain without a visa and fill my days with walking and volunteering. I will let the Camino decide, it always works best that way.

What I do know is that I will welcome pilgrims at the Pilgrims office in Santiago from July 1 - 15. I am so excited, I have wanted to do this last year and now I just got the official word.

Somewhere before I head back home late August, I will walk the Camino Primitivo, something that I wanted to do last year, but the weather had turned and I went to Valencia instead... no regrets.. I had a fabulous time.

Hi Sean here,

I walked from Lourdes over the Somport Pass in Juky 3 years ago. It was so beautiful but tough in places. It was also so quiet, I was on my own most nights in albergues or hostels. Once over the pass into Spain it was more like the typical Camino and was absolutely beautiful. Puenta de la Reina is reall nice.

Enjoy

I have been walking sections of the Northern Camino this last 2 years and will finish it this July.

Best wishes

Sean

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Hi. I am Brenda, from Vancouver Island. I hope to walk into Santiago on July 1st and with any luck I may see you in the office. I leave for Spain, to do the Camino Primitivo, at the beginning of June.

Brenda... now that would be so cool. I will pm my cell# just in case I am on a break.
There is also a great little place Cafe Tertulia where forum members meet when in Santiago . ..

Buen Camino.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back