• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

1,000km route with conditions

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
I just know someone will be able to help me!
I'm looking for a 1,000 (could be a little more, but certainly no less) route.
That's easy. Bordeaux to Fisterre via Santiago will give me 21km over.
BUT I also want it to be broken into 15-20km stages (with the occasional 25km, but that would be absolute max and not too many days like that). The 1021km route seems to require quite a few more than 20km days.
Not only that, I'd love for the accommodations at day's end to be an albergue that is not too pricey.
Am I reaching for the impossible? Or have I not yet clicked on the right route in my virtual wanderings?
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Kiwi-family,
Have you considered walking the Camino Frances but starting a bit further back on the Le Puy route? There are lots of little places along here but a somewhat larger community (pop6200) is Aire-sur-l'Adour which is about 155 km back from SJPP. The SNFC buses run through here. Then you could get to Finisterre in about 1022 km with good access to a choice of stopping places along the way. The longest stretch would probably be the 17km from Orisson to Roncesvalles (someone will correct me if I'm wrong about that:)).
I haven't walked this stretch (will be next spring) but I'm told it's beautiful.
Buen camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'm looking to do 1000K by walking SJDP/Santiago/Finisterra/Muxia/Santiago. I think that that can all be done with stages of the length you want.
allan

I know you'll get lots of details from others, but starting further back on the LePuy route (GR65), would be a great choice. A beautiful route, well marked, many accommodations, and incredible food! Depending on how far back you start in France, you may encounter the charming marketplaces such as in Aire Sur L'dour. It is pricier, in general, to stay in France, but worth it.

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Hi all, I have access to data on arrivals of pilgrims to Santiago by day, country, age, gender, departure point, route, reason and means used. Based on this data, I am analysing it to develop a...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
....asked me to remind you that May 12 is the Feast of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
As I watched the aurora Friday night (west coast Canada) I was thinking how wonderful it would be to see it along the camino. Wondering if anyone currently walking or living along the camino saw...
Hi there, I will be walking Camino Primitivo soon and I still have some questions that you could maybe help me to answer. As I would like to avoid to bring unnecessary things with me. 1. I do...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.