• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

12 000 youth pilgrimage to Santiago

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Although most of the 12,000 kids participating in the PEJ were still on the way yesterday, the Compostela seethed since early morning with the groups that have anticipated their arrival. Among them, three hundred volunteers who will work in the coming days for such a human tide flowing smoothly squares, churches, halls and schools.

Although the official start of the pilgrimage will be today in the host Obradoiro Square , at six o'clock in the afternoon, and yesterday there was a dress rehearsal : a pilgrimage to the Cathedral , and a vigil presided by the archbishop, Archbishop Julián Barrio.

At Monte do Gozo, with 2400 young people from Madrid , the Colegio La Salle or the Company of Mary are some of the points where you stay most of the participants. But it will be necessary to use municipal sports centers , where about 1,500 people will stay as well as schools and colleges. In the Rosalía de Castro will sleep more than three hundred, another 450 in the pavilion and more than 200 universities in the Collegiate Church of Sar.

Two catering companies are responsible for feeding . Breakfast will be distributed at the place where they are housed and the lunch and dinner in Belvís and La Salle. To avoid endless queues they will receive the compostela in temporary offices .

elcorreogallego.es

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/tourists-spanish-city-face-backlash-2952834?ito=copy-link_share_article-top the last few seasons I've been walking the VdlP and if this report is only half true...
Hello, I walked the Camino Frances in September/October 2023 and have an opportunity (i.e. time) to do another one this May/June - although I only have ~4 weeks available. I'm thinking Norte...
Hi everyone, Pilgrim House Welcome Center opened on March 4 for the 2024 season. As always, the team would love to meet you (or see you again!) after your Camino. The Camino can be an emotional...
Hi, I am planning to finish my Camino July 20, but I was wondering if it is worth it to instead try to finish to see the holy day on July 25. Is it going to be super crowded on the 25th? I do...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.