• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

1st Camino Frances!!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Grace...welcome to the Forum and the Class of 2017!
Before you know it April will be here. One final suggestion. Today, Empty your pack and remove anything that you think "you might need". Replace your shampoo, toothpaste, laundry soap (use your shampoo for all cleaning) and replace with "travel size" options. You can easily restock as you walk the Way.
Last suggestion, the night before you depart, empty your pack and "really" remove that last might need article. If your pack, excluding water, weighs more than about 20 pounds you are over burdened.
Buen Camino,
Arn

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Oh, Grace! Welcome to the gang and get ready for a great ride! I just returned from my first a few months ago and my new Camino family members and I are already talking about doing it again. It's a fabulous experience! Just take the words of these wise pilgrims to heart... train!!! Get that pack as light as you can, wear well broken in shoes at least a half size too big, etc. The more that you do these things, the more you'll enjoy every moment. A muy buen Camino to you!

Hi Grace.
Welcome to the "Comunidad".
Where are you going to start?
I will start on May 1st from Zizur, close to Pamplona.
Maybe we'll meet on the Camino.

Before you know it April will be here. One final suggestion. Today, Empty your pack and remove anything that you think "you might need". Replace your shampoo, toothpaste, laundry soap (use your shampoo for all cleaning) and replace with "travel size" options. You can easily restock as you walk the Way.
Last suggestion, the night before you depart, empty your pack and "really" remove that last might need article. If your pack, excluding water, weighs more than about 20 pounds you are over burdened.
Buen Camino
Thank you Arn!! Got it... less is a good thing... especially on the Camino!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Grace.
Welcome to the "Comunidad".
Where are you going to start?
I will start on May 1st from Zizur, close to Pamplona.
Maybe we'll meet on the Camino.
Thank you Mikel ... I'm started in St Jean Pied de Port on April 27th. Would be wonderful to meet up with you. Red backpack and purple hat : ) Not sure how one goes about meeting up with another other than by chance. Hope it happens! Buen Camino, Grace

Oh, Grace! Welcome to the gang and get ready for a great ride! I just returned from my first a few months ago and my new Camino family members and I are already talking about doing it again. It's a fabulous experience! Just take the words of these wise pilgrims to heart... train!!! Get that pack as light as you can, wear well broken in shoes at least a half size too big, etc. The more that you do these things, the more you'll enjoy every moment. A muy buen Camino to you!
Thank you for the kind words and encouragement! Very excited to be joining the "gang". I live a 8,000 ft so have a little advantage to be training at altitude! 2 months to go!! Glad to hear you had a good experience and are ready to do it again...... me too and I haven't left yet !!! Buen Camino!

Surely we will meet at the beginning of the Camino.
I wear glasses and I have white hair and beard, my backpack is blue. Ah! If it's sunny walk with a blue umbrella.

Hi Grace first time for me too, I will arrive in SJPP on April 26th.
Hi all.. I'm a first timer ... arriving in Madrid the morning of April 25th!! Thank you for your most useful and enjoyable posts... they have been and I'm sure will continue to be most helpful!!

Hi Grace, I will arrive in SJPP on April 26th, first Camino for me. Im sure we will cross path somewhere..

Hi Grace first time for me too, I will arrive in SJPP on April 26th.

Hi Grace, I will arrive in SJPP on April 26th, first Camino for me. Im sure we will cross path somewhere..
Hi Sylvie... will you start walking on the 26th? Are you planning to go through to Roncesvalles? I'm trying to decide between that long first day or spending the night in Orrison. Either way I hope we will meet up!!! Buen Camino! !!!!!

Buen Camino,
Arn
Thank you for your advise and well wishes! I am now 45 days out and walking with my pack in the mountains around my home. I'm at about 13 lbs with water and it feels pretty good!! I am so thrilled to be able to make this journey... trying very much to go without expectation... let the Way unfold as it will. Again thank you for your warm welcome to this forum!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm starting April 26th so may see you, I'm the bald bloke with a bush hat and long trousers walking very slowly!! buen camino
Wonderful!! Buen Camino! Green osprey pack!! Will you be going through to Roncesvalles via Napoleon rt?? See you along the Way : )

Thank you for your advise and well wishes! I am now 45 days out and walking with my pack in the mountains around my home. I'm at about 13 lbs with water and it feels pretty good!! I am so thrilled to be able to make this journey... trying very much to go without expectation... let the Way unfold as it will. Again thank you for your warm welcome to this forum!!
Hi Grace - we may see you along the way - we start on the 25th, staying at Orisson. Getting excited! We've been training with packs in our local mountains here in Vancouver, too - way lower than Colorado's trails though. Funny experience was coming off the mountain trails for a change and joining friends for a 22km hike along the river flats. Our bodies gave us a wake up call! I never would have thought that mountain walking would be easier on the body than the relentless repetition of walking along the flats. Our expectations have been suspended and we look forward to the experience itself - only two weeks to go!

Hi Grace - we may see you along the way - we start on the 25th, staying at Orisson. Getting excited! We've been training with packs in our local mountains here in Vancouver, too - way lower than Colorado's trails though. Funny experience was coming off the mountain trails for a change and joining friends for a 22km hike along the river flats. Our bodies gave us a wake up call! I never would have thought that mountain walking would be easier on the body than the relentless repetition of walking along the flats. Our expectations have been suspended and we look forward to the experience itself - only two weeks to go!
Lol... prefer the ups n downs as well... suppose we'll have a good mixture along the Camino! Leave the states in 11 days and no real idea what to expect.. yikes!! : )

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
What a group. Buen Camono everyone!

Hi Sylvie... will you start walking on the 26th? Are you planning to go through to Roncesvalles? I'm trying to decide between that long first day or spending the night in Orrison. Either way I hope we will meet up!!! Buen Camino! !!!!!

I will be staying in Orisson.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.