• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

2 beds at Embalse Alcantara May 5 available

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I have been unable to get a response to my email trying to book 2 beds at the Embalse Alcantara for May 5.
And so I have booked a room for 4 there.
The price was 60 Euros and includes breakfast.

If there are two pilgrims walking at that time, we would like to share this room at 15 Euros each.
Lynne? Are you interested?
If not, anyone? If yes, you can Paypal me the payment to hold the beds for you.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Interesting. I was the only one in the building in August. A beautiful albergue with great rooms and facilities.
Just me and the young college student girl working as hospitalaria. She left about 5 PM to go "home".....nothing around so don't know where that might have been.

Rooms were all bunks with either 2 or 3 sets. There may have been some with 4 sets.
The albergue is a bit of a walk off from the Camino down a rocky road. It is a surprise to see it in that location.

The next day (Sunday) I ran into the railroad construction with all signage destroyed and no clue what to do in the construction area because no one was working on Sunday.
GPS track on MotionX app saved the day.

I have been unable to get a response to my email trying to book 2 beds at the Embalse Alcantara for May 5.
And so I have booked a room for 4 there.
The price was 60 Euros and includes breakfast.

If there are two pilgrims walking at that time, we would like to share this room at 15 Euros each.
Lynne? Are you interested?
If not, anyone? If yes, you can Paypal me the payment to hold the beds for you.

Annie, where did you book through? booking.com?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Just to tie up a loose end, I did receive a reply from the owner. I too will make my reservation very early.
Estimada *****:

Sí, el albergue estará abierto todos los días a partir de Marzo, con los mismos precios que el año pasado.
Muchas gracias por su interés
Un saludo,

So I tried to reserve on the site - it works a little better but not completely. Used booking.com.
On his site, you can book 2 people for 30 but that's not available on booking.com - you need to take the whole quadruple room. So we paid 60 euro for a 4 bed room... do you figure he adjusts this when you get there? Hope so. That's pretty steep for 2 people.

Last edited:
There seems to be some confusion about accommodation at Alconetar. I staid at the Government build (concrete block) albergue back in May 2013. It has great views over the reservoir. I think it was E10 per night; E8 for load of washing in their machine; meals were available - not great but kept you going; beer and wine also available. I think there were 4 rooms - bunk beds sleeping up to 6 - one for males one for females and two sleeping 4 for couples.
There were reports about a hotel/inn managed by an English couple but whether it is still operating I cannot say. (I was not aware that you could forward book albergue rooms!!) Buen Camino.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

My first walking day will be on Tuesday, but because I am now still in the possession of my laptop I thought it would be handy to start this thread already. I landed on Asturias airport on...
Last year I started the Via de la Plata in Seville with my friend Tom from Sydney whom I met at a yoga studio in Chiang Mai, Thailand. We and his girlfriend Julie walked the Camino Frances my...
Hi All, Today I made it to Seville, Auckland, LAX,Frankfurt, a night at Madrid airport which was actually quite an OK experience. The whole time traveling felt pretty surreal and I managed to...
I don’t know if the legend of pico Sacro is common knowledge on the Forum, but here is my simplistic understanding. Saint James’s two disciples arrived from the holy land looking for a place to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.