A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides

200,000th pilgrim this year reaches Santiago

Bradypus

Antediluvian
Camino(s) past & future
Too many and too often!
An article in La Voz de Galicia says that the Pilgrim Office has recorded over 200,000 pilgrims so far this year. Pilgrim number 200,000 was given a special welcome and presentation in the cathedral which he said should be considered a greeting to all who have walked the Camino. It struck me as interesting in the light of recent discussions here about the Sarria to Santiago crowds that this man was Spanish, had previously walked from Sarria to Santiago with his family, and had then been inspired to walk the Via de la Plata alone. And he is considering other routes such as the Norte for the future.

https://www.lavozdegalicia.es/notic...nsolida-record-camino/0003_201708S23C2991.htm

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Infinito
Thanks for the link to the article and congratulations to el madrileño Ángel Herrero Gala for this accomplishment. To all caminantes, que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Oravasaari

Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP to Fistera (2015), Leon to Fistera (2016), CF, Salvadore, Primitivo (2017), CF run/walk 2018
The actual figures will be higher since many repeaters don't go to the Pilgrims Office. I did on my first camino but not on my last two.

A

Anemone del Camino

The actual figures will be higher since many repeaters don't go to the Pilgrims Office. I did on my first camino but not on my last two.
And all those who didn't qualify, know it, and accept it and don't collect a certificate they do not deserve. But, that is true every year, so numbers of those walking are much higher, and not just this year.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, May-June (2017)
Ingles-Finisterre (2018)
I arrived in Santiago on June 22nd, the previous day, the 100,000th pilgrim had arrived in Santiago. Explains the reports of large numbers of Pilgrims this summer. It took almost 7 months for the first 100k and 2 for the next 100k.

long trails

Camino(s) past & future
Frances June 2016
Portugues April 2017
Me too. From a personal point of view I'd rather spend my immediate post-Camino time queuing up in a Santiago bar than the Pilgrims office.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018. Many more to come in my future God willing !
I arrived in Santiago on June 22nd, the previous day, the 100,000th pilgrim had arrived in Santiago. Explains the reports of large numbers of Pilgrims this summer. It took almost 7 months for the first 100k and 2 for the next 100k.
Amazing !

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 186 24.5%