Search 30 000 Camino Questions right here... your question might have been asked before
Camino Guides (for sale) | Camino Guides made by pilgrims
By Signing up to the forum (free) you will be able to:

-- Ask any Camino related question you might have
-- Participate in the camino conversation on this forum
-- Get an weekly e-mail (Saturdays) with the most popular topics from the last 7 days
-- Be able to download pdf's and other Camino Resources
Sign

Weekly forum email Daily forum email Luggage Storage in Santiago de Compostela
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Camino Olvidado Guide created by one of our forum members
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Using iphone or iPad? Add forum icon to your home screen. Here is how to do it.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Over 10 years of Camino Q&As in one place. Sign Up and plan your camino with us. It's free!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have a question you would like to ask? Here is how you do it!

21 stages from Bilbao to Villafranca

Discussion in 'Viejo Camino,Camino de la Montaña,Camino Olvidado' started by peregrina2000, Mar 23, 2017.

1. peregrina2000

peregrina2000 Moderator Staff Member Donating Member Donating Member

Several camino associations along the Camino Olvidado are sponsoring a walk in late April to reawaken public awareness about the Camino Olvidado. Information on the stages, and the telephone number to call if you want to sign up is listed on the poster in the article. It looks like you can walk as many or as few of the stages as you want.

http://www.bembibredigital.com/cult...o-a-santiago-abierta-a-la-libre-participacion

Several forum members have walked the route, and I think we concur that it is one you should put on your wish list. There are several days in the mountains that sit right up there with the Salvador, Vadiniense, or Catalán, IMO. And it can't' be a
    4 **** camino with some good romanesque, and this one does not disappoint!

What has happened since Susanna and I walked is that Ender (aka the Salvador angel) has turned his not inconsiderable talents towards the Olvidado (it crosses the Vadiniense in Cistierna and the Salvador in La Robla, so it is all in his neighborhood). He has spent years marking, working with associations on the albergue issue, and he says it's ready to be walked! I do have some documents from him listing accommodation, but cannot post them till I'm back at a desktop computer. But if you are inspired to head out immediately, send me a PM and I will email them to you.

Susanna and I did write up a little "guide" based on a Spanish language guide and reworked as we walked it, but I think that Ender has done major re-routing to avoid asphalt. Here's a great project for someone -- take our Olvidado guide, walk with Ender's new arrows, and update the guide for the forum. Any takers?

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/categories/camino-olvidado.47/

Viranani and NualaOC like this.
  2. NualaOC

NualaOC Veteran Member Donating Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    Francés: 2013,14 & 15 (in 3 stages)
    Inglés: (A Coruña to Muxia) 2015
    Baztanés: 2016 & 2017
    Primitivo: 2016
    Norte: 2017 & 18 (in 3 stages)
    That looks very interesting, Laurie. Yet another moment when I SO wish I could retire and walk more Caminos!

marylynn likes this.
  3. SEB

SEB Active Member Donating Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    April (2015) SJPdP to SdC; Porto to SdC April (2016)
    Thank you so much for this. I copied the link and emailed to a peregrina (now a friend) I met on the Frances in 2015. She is very interested in this as it allows her to walk from the ferry from England which docks at Bilbao.

peregrina2000 likes this.
  4. Anemone del Camino

Anemone del Camino Anemone

Camino(s) past & future:
    Camino Frances from 2006 to 2013. Camino del Norte from Donostia to Llanes - 2014. May 2015: Primitivo. May 2016: Portuguese central + variante espiritual. April 2017: half of VDLP.
    Laurie, did you find out what he means by 'inaugural' on his poster?

5. Viranani

Viranani Veteran Member Donating Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    Francés (2014, 2015)
    St Olav and Francés (2016)
    Baztanés and Onward (May 2017)
    Ingles and Camino de San Andrés de Teixido (July 2017)
    My feet are itching.
    Maybe someday when all my visa time is not taken up with other things. Connecting to Ponferrada in order to walk to Santiago via the Invierno is possible, yes Laurie?

Pingüigrino likes this.