• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

4 Central Pennsylvanians Starting May 14 or 15 from SJPP

bonesaw383

Time of past OR future Camino
Future: Frances 14,May to 18 Jun 14
Been lurking for a while...thought I would introduce myself in hopes of making some connections prior to our little walk. I am Mike G. from outside of Harrisburg PA. I will be walking with my 66 y.o. father, Jack G.....his girlfriend Kathy M....both from York, PA And a friend, Jim M.....also from Hbg. area. We will all be carrying Osprey Talon 44 packs in various colors and mine has a "Mike" and "Pennsylvania" patch on it. If you see us say "hi"! I look forward to the adventure....and sharing some good wine with friends, new and old. See you all in May.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Buen Camino you all!! Remember to visit the Office of Pilgrims on SJPDP to meet pilgrims heading out as wee, get your credential stamped, and check the weather conditions.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Mike,

Starting the same time. will be wearing a hat with an Air Assault Badge on front.----Al

Been lurking for a while...thought I would introduce myself in hopes of making some connections prior to our little walk. I am Mike G. from outside of Harrisburg PA. I will be walking with my 66 y.o. father, Jack G.....his girlfriend Kathy M....both from York, PA And a friend, Jim M.....also from Hbg. area. We will all be carrying Osprey Talon 44 packs in various colors and mine has a "Mike" and "Pennsylvania" patch on it. If you see us say "hi"! I look forward to the adventure....and sharing some good wine with friends, new and old. See you all in May.
Welcome to the forum Mike and family . Yours looks like it will be a happy band of travellers. I'm sure you will attract more numbers into your Camino 'family' as you sail along.
Buen Camino.
Annie

We leave St Jean on the 14th as we'll.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
That should have been as well

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Good Day to you Mike and friends. I use to be connected to the greater Harrisburg area. My X and her family has lived in the Burg all their lives. I now live in up state NY. my wife and I start our Camino in September.
Buen Camino to you and your family.

Hi Mike,

Buen Camino. I will probably not see you, because I will arrive in SJPdP May 15 and start May 16. But should I run in to you somewhere, we will have a nice glass of wine .

Saskia.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Yes we booked already in SJPDP and in roncesvalles just to make sure as we are having our back packs carted to roncesvalles so we don't hurt ourselves on day one - des will have a purple osprey with four and Ozzie patches I will have a green blackwolf with same patches but day one just a small black back pack as we will leave our small pack in roncesvalles

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app

Yes we booked already in SJPDP and in roncesvalles just to make sure as we are having our back packs carted to roncesvalles so we don't hurt ourselves on day one - des will have a purple osprey with four and Ozzie patches I will have a green blackwolf with same patches but day one just a small black back pack as we will leave our small pack in roncesvalles

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app
Aaaaahhhh...that's a good idea, to have the backpacks transported to Roncesvalles. I have booked the auberge in Orisson, so I also don't hurt myself on day 1 already. I carry way too much bodyweight (a good way to recognize me, hahaha !!! Plus my black North Face backpack, my short blond hair (probably with green bandana) and my adidas trousers (either long or short) and orange/pinkish shirt.

Maybe I should book my bed in Roncesvalles as well....just to be safe...

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.