• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

75 Days and ill be Camino Bound

jamesw3435

Time of past OR future Camino
March 2015 Ssint jean to Santiago
I have been counting down the days, The days seem to drag on and on getting to the day I leave Florida For Saint Jean Pied De Port France. I leave Orlando Fla March 1st and I arrive in Madrid March 2nd then catching my flight to Pamplona followed by taking a shuttle service to Saint jean pied de port. Once I arrive I will head to the pilgrims office, find me a place to sleep and eat for the night.I hope to get a good nights sleep to start my first day a long the camino march... 3rd.

My plan is to leave saint jean for Roncesvalles for my first day from what I have fond out is about 7 to 8 hours walking time, I will be traveling the Valcarlos route since the napoleon route might be closed that time of year due to weather I will make that call after talking to the locals and those at the Pilgrim office . once I reach Santiago I also plan to walk to Camino Muxia and Camino Cape Finisterre then bus back to Santiago for a few days before I head back home on april 15 from Santiago airport. I wont know about Camino Muxia and Camino Cape Finisterre until I reach Santiago and see how I feel.

I want to make the Easter festival in Santiago that leaves me 32 days to reach Santiago. I have found a guide to reach Santiago in 31 days Ill use one day as a off day. I know it is not a race But I really want to arrive on Easter Sunday for personal reasons,If I do not reach Santiago by easter then I take the plan laid out by the Camino

Not worried about Jet Lag it rarely bothers me plus I tend to fall asleep on planes anyway
anyone else starting from SJJP on march 3rd

If you wish to follow my journey along the Way of saint james you can follow my group, Most of my updates will be posted on my groups walls. some do a blog I just went out and create my own facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1489322237948292/

Not worried about Jet Lag it rarely bothers me plus I tend to fall asleep on planes anyway

My Army Bible,my Camino de Santiago Guide, my Pilgrims Credencial, cross necklace, Cross Key Chain blessed by the Pope, my passport, my saint Jude/saint Christopher medal and my backpack

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
You appear to have a plan: travel, gear, solid attitude and prepared to share the Way with God.
As an Army veteran, you know even the best plan is only good until the first shot is fired.
The Camino is the wild card.
Buen Camino,
Arn

You appear to have a plan: travel, gear, solid attitude and prepared to share the Way with God.
As an Army veteran, you know even the best plan is only good until the first shot is fired.
The Camino is the wild card.
Buen Camino,
Arn

Yeah I updated my post just now with more info on my plan, but if things don't go as planned Ill follow the mercy of the camino

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Shalom James and Greetings from Jerusalem!
Buen Camino - the best laid plans of men and mice...the most common pitfall? Not blisters, not illness, not mis-orientation but finding a true Camino friend, a person who is witty, fun, interesting to talk with, and can open new horizons b-u-t walks much slower. Do you leave such a person behind in your dust or adjust? Pamplona, Burgos, Leon, even Astorga are fascinating places, give them the time they deserve to work some magic into your plan. The Camino requires some thoughtfull planning but it is a moving experience, inspiring emotion and introspection, allow it to happen.
PS Do consider a smaller backpack, high school physics teaches us that empty space does not remain that way and if packed full, why you are carrying far too much.
PPS Born and raised in Tampa, small world.

One last word, I always take my Bible too, well, a slightly different version since mine lacks your final 27 chapters. We do both share though my favorite book, Psalms. I read 4-5-6 every evening and by the time I reach Santiago I have finished all 150. One seems to refer to we pilgrims, Psalms 90:10
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Always something inspiring, helpful, generating humility and thankfulness in Psalms.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
my pack is about 17 pounds I am happy with my pack, 45l is really not that big some people are using bigger, It holds everything I am taking my camel bak fights inside leaving some extra room for anything I might pick up

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I have been counting down the days, The days seem to drag on and on getting to the day I leave Florida For Saint Jean Pied De Port France. I leave Orlando Fla March 1st and I arrive in Madrid March 2nd then catching my flight to Pamplona followed by taking a shuttle service to Saint jean pied de port. Once I arrive I will head to the pilgrims office, find me a place to sleep and eat for the night.I hope to get a good nights sleep to start my first day a long the camino march... 3rd.

My plan is to leave saint jean for Roncesvalles for my first day from what I have fond out is about 7 to 8 hours walking time, I will be traveling the Valcarlos route since the napoleon route might be closed that time of year due to weather I will make that call after talking to the locals and those at the Pilgrim office . once I reach Santiago I also plan to walk to Camino Muxia and Camino Cape Finisterre then bus back to Santiago for a few days before I head back home on april 15 from Santiago airport. I wont know about Camino Muxia and Camino Cape Finisterre until I reach Santiago and see how I feel.

I want to make the Easter festival in Santiago that leaves me 32 days to reach Santiago. I have found a guide to reach Santiago in 31 days Ill use one day as a off day. I know it is not a race But I really want to arrive on Easter Sunday for personal reasons,If I do not reach Santiago by easter then I take the plan laid out by the Camino

If you wish to follow my journey along the Way of saint james you can follow my group, Most of my updates will be posted on my groups walls. some do a blog I just went out and create my own facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1489322237948292/

My Army Bible,my Camino de Santiago Guide, my Pilgrims Credencial, cross necklace, Cross Key Chain blessed by the Pope, my passport, my saint Jude/saint Christopher medal and my backpack
Hey heading off on 1st March and 30 day trek for us.

Might see you along the path, if you see anyone, say hi as might be us.

48L pack with 3L water hydration. Weight 7Kg with everything except water, but can not wait.

Buen Camino

Glad to see others are on The Way during March 2015. I am planning to start from Leon on the 16th March. Work does not allow me to do the proper Frances Way from Saint Jean Pied De Port. Perhaps we shall meet.

Buen Camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hey heading off on 1st March and 30 day trek for us.

Might see you along the path, if you see anyone, say hi as might be us.

48L pack with 3L water hydration. Weight 7Kg with everything except water, but can not wait.

Buen Camino

good to see people around the same time I know of three other people then once here who will be starting the same day I am so should be great

45lpack 2l camel bak

Your plan is ambitious! Remember that many small places are still closed in March, and that includes the bars and restaurants along the way. There is another thread on albergues that are open in the "winter". It will help you plan accordingly. For example, in Boadilla del Camino, only the basic albergue is likely to be open, and you will need to call to have it opened. You may not have heat! Have a great walk!

Glad to see others are on The Way during March 2015. I am planning to start from Leon on the 16th March. Work does not allow me to do the proper Frances Way from Saint Jean Pied De Port. Perhaps we shall meet.

Buen Camino
I should get to Leon on 16th when you leave so you will be 1 day ahead but hope to catch up.

G

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My wife and I will start from Leon on March 5th. Have a great walk!
Buen Camino!

I might as well introduce myself to you now, since we'll likely be seeing each other on the road. I'm also departing from Leon on the 5th. I'll apologize in advance if I'm not too sociable.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Sounds like you have planned well. Just like in the military, don't hump any gear you don't need in your ruck.
There is very little jet lag from the US to Spain.
I have done both routes (Napoleon and ValCarlos) out of St. Jean. They are both beautiful.
Lot's of water fountains and bars and cafes to get potable water. You won't really need to have a full CamelBak for the great majority of the Camino. The first day out of St. Jean it's good to have full water and the stretch along the meseta out of Carrion de los Condes. Otherwise beau coup water stops.
Buen Camino and happy trails

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
6 weeks today till fly out.... Now i am excited.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back