• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

A few hours at Bayonne Train station

Quinranda

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2016)
Hello, I just booked my tickets from Paris-Bayonne then Bayonne-SJPP and I'll have a about 2.5 hours between trains. I'm looking for a recommendation for a quick stopover. Is there enough time to walk into Bayonne and grab lunch? Should I just hang out at the station? Any recommendations would be great. thanks

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Quinranda,

The Bayonne station is small and the staff are helpful and used to tourists as well as pilgrims. Multiple video screens throughout the station display arrivals/departures as does a large board in lobby.

The adjacent station cafe boasts many handy plugs for recharging your computer or smartphone; if you have time to spare relax and have a drink or simple meal.

Bon voyage and Buen camino!

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I had the same issue back on April 29, a Saturday so the small station shop closed at 1.00'pm or there about. I found out later that there were places to eat across from the station. Maybe google can help? Cheers

The cathedral is just a 10 minutes walk from the station, crossing the Adour river by the brigde and then by a pedestrian street. It is really wortwhile a visit.
Along the Nive river (this is the one which flows into the Adour, it is quite evident) there are some pleasant family restaurants. See here in Google Maps
It is a lovely, charming provincial city. And with a reputation for great gastronomy.
Good visit!

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum