Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

A footprint for new pilgrims

kdespot

Year of past OR future Camino
Francés SJPP-SdC Sept-Oct 2016
For folks taking off for the first time, I thought I'd go ahead and post my blog from my Camino of Fall 2016. Why? I don't know. There's so much available now, including drone footage with amazing aerial photos. Maybe my detailed day-by-day can serve someone. Give it a click. Hope you have at least half as wonderful a Camino as I did.

¡Qué los dioses te guíen en tu Camino... esta experiencia mágica de la vida!

www.walkingthecamino2016.wordpress.com

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

marjude

4/2011 VdlP,
4/2014 Rota Vincentina, Portugues.
4/2016 Aragones, Frances.
4/2019 Madrid, Frances
Great blog, I really enjoyed reading it and looking at your great photos. It brought back lots of wonderful memories.
Judy.

kdespot

Francés SJPP-SdC Sept-Oct 2016
For folks taking off for the first time, I thought I'd go ahead and post my blog from my Camino of Fall 2016. Why? I don't know. There's so much available now, including drone footage with amazing aerial photos. Maybe my detailed day-by-day can serve someone. Give it a click. Hope you have at least half as wonderful a Camino as I did.

¡Qué los dioses te guíen en tu Camino... esta experiencia mágica de la vida!

www.walkingthecamino2016.wordpress.com

Just one more comment, especially for new pilgrims...

I maintained this blog daily while I was on the Camino mainly for my friends and aging mother. While I wasn't always in the mood to do it at the end of the day, it wasn't difficult (it was all done on an iPhone through Wordpress) and I'm really glad now that I have it. The experience was too precious and I know that I wouldn't be able to remember lots of it if I didn't now have this log. Also, in the months after I returned home I organized the text and photos and had it made into a coffee table book. The process really helped me have closure and to readjust to life off the Camino. Having the printed version is wonderful, too!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads