• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A poncho, weight 300g: asked for and sent off

• Thread starter Former member 49149
  • Start date
F

Former member 49149

I have a green poncho, which I do not need, weight as above. I will give it to whoever asks. I would post to Ireland, Uk, Western Europe, or it can be collected by arrangement. Pity for it to be taking up space if it could be used. Anyone interested, pm me.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yes happy to receive as it is very light weight
How can I contact you with UK address?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I know that it's already promised to someone, but I'm curious of what brand the poncho is? 30 grams is very light!

I know that it's already promised to someone, but I'm curious of what brand the poncho is? 30 grams is very light!
To be honest, I am not sure it has a brand. It was bought in the equivalent of the army and navy surplus stores in Dublin long years ago. Looks like nylon ripstop material. And if I am correct, that is what showed up on the kitchen scales when I placed it on the plate. Wish I could weigh similar! Dream on...

A selection of Camino Jewellery

I was wondering the same thing. 30 grams is the lightest weight I have ever seen listed for a non disposable poncho. Most sil nylon ponchos will be around 300 grams. Even my cuben fiber poncho weighs 113 grams, and it is one of the lightest ponchos I know of. For 30 grams, I want one.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
well, people, you will have to wait till the new owner can weigh it. I might have missed out a zero! Ha!

That's possible :) I did that once with a bread recipe. I measure ingredients by weight rather than volume, and I use grams instead of ounces. One time I added 800 grams of flour to a recipe that called for 300. After the dough came out like concrete, I looked back at the recipe carefully and then slapped myself on the forehead. :oops::oops:

That's possible :) I did that once with a bread recipe. I measure ingredients by weight rather than volume, and I use grams instead of ounces. One time I added 800 grams of flour to a recipe that called for 300. After the dough came out like concrete, I looked back at the recipe carefully and then slapped myself on the forehead. :oops::oops:
Such a laugh! No need to wait, it must be 300. I do know what 25g butter looks like. Sometimes joined up thinking is not my strong point. Sorry, new owner, if you were thinking of a magic super light poncho, you are now stuck with one that weighs approx 12 oz. if it is too heavy for you to carry, enjoy the rain! And thanks, Dave for being kind about my mistake!

On an unrelated thought, I sure wish my husband liked to cook and bake. ;-)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.