• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A poncho, weight 300g: asked for and sent off

• Thread starter Former member 49149
  • Start date
F

Former member 49149

I have a green poncho, which I do not need, weight as above. I will give it to whoever asks. I would post to Ireland, Uk, Western Europe, or it can be collected by arrangement. Pity for it to be taking up space if it could be used. Anyone interested, pm me.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yes happy to receive as it is very light weight
How can I contact you with UK address?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I know that it's already promised to someone, but I'm curious of what brand the poncho is? 30 grams is very light!

I know that it's already promised to someone, but I'm curious of what brand the poncho is? 30 grams is very light!
To be honest, I am not sure it has a brand. It was bought in the equivalent of the army and navy surplus stores in Dublin long years ago. Looks like nylon ripstop material. And if I am correct, that is what showed up on the kitchen scales when I placed it on the plate. Wish I could weigh similar! Dream on...

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

I was wondering the same thing. 30 grams is the lightest weight I have ever seen listed for a non disposable poncho. Most sil nylon ponchos will be around 300 grams. Even my cuben fiber poncho weighs 113 grams, and it is one of the lightest ponchos I know of. For 30 grams, I want one.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
well, people, you will have to wait till the new owner can weigh it. I might have missed out a zero! Ha!

That's possible :) I did that once with a bread recipe. I measure ingredients by weight rather than volume, and I use grams instead of ounces. One time I added 800 grams of flour to a recipe that called for 300. After the dough came out like concrete, I looked back at the recipe carefully and then slapped myself on the forehead. :oops::oops:

That's possible :) I did that once with a bread recipe. I measure ingredients by weight rather than volume, and I use grams instead of ounces. One time I added 800 grams of flour to a recipe that called for 300. After the dough came out like concrete, I looked back at the recipe carefully and then slapped myself on the forehead. :oops::oops:
Such a laugh! No need to wait, it must be 300. I do know what 25g butter looks like. Sometimes joined up thinking is not my strong point. Sorry, new owner, if you were thinking of a magic super light poncho, you are now stuck with one that weighs approx 12 oz. if it is too heavy for you to carry, enjoy the rain! And thanks, Dave for being kind about my mistake!

On an unrelated thought, I sure wish my husband liked to cook and bake. ;-)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Hello beautiful community; I’m starting my camino in exactly 7 days (May 8 - June 21 = 45 days) I’ll be doing FRANCES + SALVADOR + PRIMITIVO . Here’s my final packing list (excluding basic...
All I’ve seen this advertised here on the site and wondered if anyone had used one and what’s the experience. I’m follically challenged Irish guy so fair complexion but I also get very hot with...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and my best option is to buy shoes in either Pamplona or SJPP. I will be leaving Pamplona on a Sunday at noon and arriving at SJPP around 2pm. My question...
My husband and I will be walking our first camino from SJPP to Santiago, then on to Finisterre and Muxia starting on Sep 7. We are slow walkers and plan to take some rest days, so we are planning...
Hello all. I am planning my first camino end of May. fly into Porto and head north. I plan on staying in Albergos and had a few questions. Should I being my own towel? How far in advance do I...
Has anyone used the phone service "Holafly" during their Camino? Apparently it is a phone plan which eliminates the high cost of roaming charges and international phone plans offered from many...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.