• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino A reason not to stay in the albergue today

BeatriceKarjalainen

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Finished: See post signature.
Doing: C. Levante
A fiesta in town and the Tivoli is just outside the albergue door. I think the stage for the bands are just behind the albergue as well.

Fiesta on a Wednesday doesn't people work in this country?

Attachments

• 1378927417270.jpg
    1378927417270.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 56
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Por desgracia hay bastante paro en estos momentos.
De todas formas el patrón o patrona de una localidad se suele celebrar el día del año que cae, sea por semana o no, para eso están las fiestas locales. Además, por estas fechas aun no han empezado las clases en colegios, institutos y universidad...

Lucky you! You hit on the one time of year when the locals are cutting loose and having fun! I bet the hospitalero lets you all stay out and dance all night. Lots of people would love to be in your place right now!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Lucky you! You hit on the one time of year when the locals are cutting loose and having fun! I bet the hospitalero lets you all stay out and dance all night. Lots of people would love to be in your place right now!
Well this is like the 5th town I'm hitting with fiesta. And no the time for closing the albergue has been the same in the other towns and trying to sleep in the umph-umph sound and screaming, laughing and talking people is impossible. And as I'm here for walking and not partying (I don't even drink alcohol) I'm not so amused by having to sleep next to a tivoli so I stay in the other end of the town.

Phoo. I'd be camping for sure. I value my sleep!

I had an e-mail today from a priest I know who told me he prayed for me on Mary's feast today. Very special day for him, and I am glad to be 'included'.
Margaret

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Well I'm not saying it is wrong with the celebrations I just don't want to try to sleep in the middle of it :) I love fiestas the joy and happiness they bring. I was just a little surprised as there has been fiestas during weekends in the other towns.

I have been given earplugs from three random sources. I think God is sending needed blessings even before I put my feet to the path.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back